Retail Store Manager (Nashville, TN)
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Summersalt is looking for a Store Manager to help launch our retail store in Nashville’s Tanger Outlets! This person will play an essential role in bringing our retail concept to life by supervising the initial launch and managing all day-to-day on-site operations. The Store Manager will be responsible for the overall customer experience by fostering a sense of loyalty, retention and brand exposure. A successful candidate will have prior experience in the apparel industry as well as managing retail locations. They will recruit and supervise a small team as well as work closely with key cross-functional partners, located at Summersalt Headquarters, to communicate updates, challenges and ideas.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Adopt a business owner mind-set and take full accountability for the success of the store.
- Uphold seamless store operational procedures and ensure the selling floor reflects the brand and concept standards at all times.
- Manage all types of operational tasks as assigned including: shipment, stockroom organization, order fulfillment, and inventory management.
- Hire and train an exceptional team that supports the vision of Summersalt brand.
- Ensure the sales team delivers outstanding customer service by teaching, coaching and leading by example.
- Maintain floor presence to assist customers and monitor client interaction
- Provide real time and weekly feedback on technology functions, operations and experience.
- Organize and distribute staff schedules.
- Consistently provide performance feedback to ensure growth, change and results
- Manage evolving daily workload while prioritizing the customer experience.
- 5+ years relevant retail store management experience, ideally in fashion/apparel or experience opening a new retail store from the ground up.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combo of education and experience.
- Enjoy working hard and always see things through from start to finish
- Ability to meet scheduling & availability expectations, including ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds and, at times, lift and carry product up to 50 pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, and climbing
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We’re communicative—even when it’s hard. You’re direct and considerate in an effort to achieve the best possible outcome. Your feedback is always intentional, constructive, and to move the business forward.
- We’re masters of prioritization. You can pivot and shift priorities with complete flexibility. Regardless of when distractions arise, your time management and resource planning skills keep everything running smoothly.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (FT positions)
- Generous Merchandise Discount
Competitive Benefits Offered:
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization.