Data Analyst (Remote)
About the Data Analyst Position:
Stord is seeking a Data Analyst to help optimize our customers’ supply chain and assist internal stakeholders in making informed business decisions based on quantitative analysis. You will use statistical analysis, simulations, predictive and historical modeling, and other methods to analyze information and develop practical solutions to business problems.
Primary work will involve modeling of carrier and customer rates, executing network and parcel studies, and deep dives into cost and service opportunities to drive margin and to deliver recommendations for delivery speed improvements. You will build analytics in Domo and other tools, collaborate with Stord’s technology partners to develop insights, and create and present executive presentations of your results.
What You'll Do:
- Manage analytical projects from start through completion, conducting intake interviews, assessment of data, solution design, analysis, and presentation of results
- Maintain broad responsibilities in cost and service performance, identifying opportunities through analytical tools and observations, and self-directing to prioritize, investigate, build, and deliver solutions
- Define, transform and structure data from internal and external platforms, designing data for efficiency, stability, and reliability
- Develop operational reports, forecasts, and dashboards for various supply chain team requests
- Collect, analyze, and publish data for parcel KPI reporting
- Develop and analyze reports for added visibility into parcel programs
- Make recommendations for process improvement and cost savings initiatives
- Develop, maintain, evolve, and produce timely a series of parcel and supply chain specific dashboards
- Provide cost and revenue feedback to key stakeholders across Stord, including insights into financial performance and forecasting
- Communicate effectively and professionally with carrier partners to ensure efficient flow of operations to maintain the customer experience
- Coordinate and support all aspects of the company’s parcel programs:
- Develop and manage sufficient relationships, programs and processes to support the execution of the organization’s rapidly evolving parcel operations and strategy
- Provide and maintain broad, deep understanding of current market/industry trends regarding rates and new carrier products/initiatives
- Identify and develop a comprehensive set of analytics required to support a rapidly growing category.
- Provide additional support, as needed, during peak holiday shipping seasons
- Ensure company and vendor compliance with all parcel/transportation laws and regulations
- Perform regular reviews of parcel KPIs to maximize service, reduce costs, and opportunities for optimization
- Perform and maintain regular audits of carriers, services, and vendor performance.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment for continuous improvement, maintain effective and timely communication between the Parcel/Transportation department and the rest of Supply Chain Management, and other various corporate departments to guarantee coordination of efforts.
- Understand and execute on Stord’s strategic North Stars and respective department goals
- Review and analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward goals and strategic objectives.
- Ensure standardized best practices and share accordingly
- Seek to promote ways to improve the customer experience
- Ability to work autonomously and get creative in problem solving
- Actively supports the Manager/Sr.Manager of Parcel in providing detailed analytics and provides updates and recommendations
- Ability to quickly turn around analysis requests and provide status updates on key projects
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems or Engineering
- Experience leveraging databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform business decisions
- Programs: Fluent in SQL, and Python/R.
- Experience with a Business Intelligence Tools (Domo, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to compile and analyze large data quantities
- Experience Modeling Parcel Carriers, Transportation, Warehouses, or Networks
- Experience/Coursework with machine learning, Mathematical Optimization
- Experience with cloud development platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of Software Development paradigms and tools. (Agile, CI/CD, Documentation, Unit/Regression tests, Object Oriented Programming)
Something looks off?