Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you'll love this role
As a Software Engineer, you'll have the authority to make technology decisions and implement solutions, contributing significantly to the establishment of a thriving engineering culture in a rapidly expanding company. This presents an excellent opportunity to utilize your current skill set, build a top-tier team, and make a substantial impact on redefining marketplaces.
Our technical stack encompasses diverse systems and services hosted on Amazon Web Services. The frontend component engages with various services through GraphQL and REST. Infrastructure development and maintenance are carried out using tools such as CircleCI, Kubernetes, Harness, Terraform, LaunchDarkly, and Datadog. Analytics data is disseminated to Google Analytics or Segment.
The technological scope covers all stacks and services, including APIs and event processing systems, aimed at delivering a seamless experience for our customers.
We are seeking a motivated and highly enthusiastic IOS engineer with strong technical expertise to join one of our experienced(XT) teams. Engineers on this team are empowered to make technology decisions, implement solutions, and play a pivotal role in fostering a successful engineering culture within our rapidly growing company.
What you'll do
- Develop, test, and debug the StockX iOS app using Swift and UIKit
- Build GraphQL APIs that interact with our backend services and REST APIs
- Utilize MVVM architecture, design patterns, and best practices
- Stay up-to-date with any technology changes including changes to the language (Swift), tools (Xcode, Mac OS, etc.), platform (iOS), and devices
- Work on initiatives from start to finish including A/B testing
- Work with product owners, internal stakeholders, program managers and engineering managers to crystallize ambiguous requirements and propose resilient technical solutions which scale to future business needs
- Work with engineers in the team to take these proposed solutions and architect and design them
- Efficiently break up large system designs and guide the junior team members in detailed component design. Help the team to implement, deploy and monitor systems and services
- Propose and adopt best engineering practices and guide development standards
- Foster a growth mindset culture. Be a team player. Contribute to and follow team processes for better sprint outcomes
- Apply considerations around security, scalability, reliability, and performance while proposing and building solutions
- Use sound technical judgment to consider technology alternatives, impact on affected and adjacent systems, and design choice tradeoffs
- Demonstrate complete ownership of services for your area of work. Participate in supporting your systems and services through any system upgrades, live site issues and others
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users for resolving issues
- 3+ years of relevant development experience
- Proficient in Swift, Xcode, and Apple tools and frameworks such as UIKit, Foundation, UIImage
- Good understanding of design patterns such as MVC, MVVM and Viper
- Understanding of iOS development best practices, including performance optimization, internationalization, and localization
- Solid grasp of the complete mobile development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations and data structures
- Product-focused with a collaborative approach to finding optimal solutions
- Experience with testing strategies and knowing when to apply each
- Ability to translate design mockups and prototypes into functional applications
- Proficient in solving challenging software and UX problems
- Experience and expertise in front-end design patterns
- Proficiency in algorithms and approaches for performance optimizations like rendering optimization
- Knowledge of AppStore submission
- Ability to document new features, additions, and bug fixes clearly
- Ability to explain complex technical terms to non-technical users
- Ability to translate non-technical business requirements into a technical solution
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Experience working on cross-functional product teams preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field preferred
Nice to have skills
- Experience in creating front-end frameworks or shared component libraries for large-scale product development initiatives
- Experience with GraphQL , Combine , Swift UI.
- Knowledge of SDK integrations and associated considerations
- Familiar with security, accessibility, and internationalization
- Capability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving work environment
- Exposure to CI/CD frameworks and tools/technologies such as Github, K8s, Harness
- Familiarity with A/B testing tools like LaunchDarkly
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g., Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
StockX is proud to be a Detroit-based technology leader focused on the large and growing online market for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles, trading cards, and more. StockX's powerful platform connects buyers and sellers of high-demand consumer goods from around the world using dynamic pricing mechanics. This approach affords access and market visibility powered by real-time data that empowers buyers and sellers to determine and transact based on market value. The StockX platform features hundreds of brands across verticals including Jordan Brand, adidas, Nike, Supreme, BAPE, Off-White, Louis Vuitton, Gucci; collectibles from artists including KAWS and Takashi Murakami; and electronics from industry-leading manufacturers Sony, Microsoft, Nvidia, and Apple. Launched in 2016, StockX employs more than 1,000 people across offices and verification centers around the world.