Principal Scala Developer
In every single F1 race Sportradar systems track 360,000 car positions. That’s 8,280,000 car positions in every season. And that’s just Formula 1. Our engineers are there for every kick, pass, shot, mouse click and change in the odds. That’s 300 million odds change’s every month. A data set that’s growing by 30TB every month. A team committing at a rate that triggers 30,000 CI pipeline executions a month, to codebases more than 30,000,000 lines long…
Ensuring that all that data is reliable and accurate is no mean feat. We value local decision making and empower our engineers to shape their role. With ‘make it better time’, you get to propose and show us where we should change/innovate. Using the agile model ensures we can make decisions quickly with increased emphasis on autonomy, the organization becomes more flexible, adaptable, and productive. We are actively adopting test-driven development as it matches our engineering principle ‘if it’s not tested, its broken’. We follow a cloud native strategy; managed services enable us to focus on the problems that interest us most – and we invest in our people with AWS training as we recognize the skills modern developers need to succeed. We’ve a preference for modern lightweight microservices; we leverage the right tools for the job. If this sounds interesting, we should talk.
We are looking for a dedicated Senior/Principal Scala Developer interested in sports and betting for the expansion of our Managed Trading Services in Ljubljana/Slovenia.
Managed Trading Services (MTS) is a holistic solution that enables bookmakers to future-proof their business. The MTS team comprises the company’s Trading Unit as part of a 100+ strong team of industry-experienced personnel, supported by Betradar’s own trading and risk technology. They are responsible for providing bookmaker and platform provider clients of all sizes across the world with all the tools required to differentiate from the competition, improve efficiency and increase profit margins, whilst future proofing their business and securing it from risk.
The MTS team offers a suite of fully flexible turnkey solutions from providing fixtures to compiling odds, monitoring liabilities, through to resulting and settlement.
MTS Key Facts, 170 bookmakers active on MTS, Multiple brands in excess of 300, 40+ geographical markets, 3.5+ million active unique players per month.
For more information about our Managed Trading Services, please visit https://www.betradar.com/managed-trading-services/
- Build and improve backend micro-services of a larger distributed system.
- Improve the reliability and performance of our backend stack and help with migration to cloud-native architecture.
- Lead your services through complete delivery pipeline, from design, development all the way to deployment and monitoring it in production.
- Maintaining and evolving Scala-based applications
- Cooperation with other developers and product owner
- Creating technical documentation
- Introducing optimization, executing code reviews to ensure quality of work
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Estimation and analysis of requirements
- Application testing and debugging
- Experience in building and maintaining applications with Scala
- Knowledge of microservices and API development
- Good expertise in Unit Testing and System Testing
- Experience in Agile projects with knowledge in Jira
- Knowledge of the English language
- Strong programming skills in Java (also JVM)
- Strong understanding of databases, performance tuning (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience in event sourcing (Kafka)
- Analytical skills
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Work in an international team collaborating with colleagues from all over the world.
- Opportunity to work and develop in a dynamic Tech environment within an inspiring and fast-growing company.
- A challenging but rewarding and fun environment.
- Latest tech to get you started!