Sales Executive (Retail)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
About SmartwyreSmartwyre delivers commercial software (SaaS) to agricultural input businesses - the manufacturers and distributors of seeds, chemicals and fertilizer. These companies, which range from multinational enterprises to smaller, family-owned retailers, are based in the United States, Europe and Latin America. Our solutions help them manage pricing, incentives and transactional information in order to improve their business performance and better serve the world's farmers.Today, Smartwyre consists of a team of approximately 75 full-time professionals organized across our Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Data Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Corporate functions.We’re a "remote-first" company with core teams in Denver, CO; Raleigh-Durham, NC; and London, United Kingdom. Come join us! About The RoleWe are looking for a Sales Executive to join our sales team reporting to Mark Seaton our SVP of Sales. The role will lead on building strategic relationships, defining and executing partnership strategies, and delivering revenue wins. The position will deliver exceptional sales performance helping us surpass our revenue goals. Working closely with the customer success teams the Sales Executive will also identify expansion opportunities and support on the onboarding of new clients won.This is not a cold-calling or pure hunting role. We have built a detailed target list of companies and decision-maker contacts. The Enterprise Sales Executive role is remote and we will expect you to travel extensively to visit and build trust with prospective customers and colleagues.Your Responsibilities
- Conduct a value-based needs analysis during a discovery conversation with prospects to uncover the organization’s key people challenges that Smartwyre technology can solveGain confidence at the stakeholder level to craft a solution.
- Accurately forecasting the sales pipelineCreate account sales plans spanning initial partnership through full adoption.
- Execute sales process while refining it based on a humble view of hits and misses.
- Cultivate a multi-quarter, multi-year pipeline balancing a mix of ACV to achieve yours and the company’s revenue objectives
- Identify any missing sales tools or processes. Build what you can, and work with internal partners or external vendors to supply the rest.
- Leverage your learnings through the sales process to assist prospective customers in thinking about project timing and business value
- Cultivate a following of customers through direct interaction, social media and personal contact.
- Become expert on the industry landscape and relationships between manufacturers, distributors, and retailers
- Build relationships inside and outside the company to serve as your advisors as you grow your
- Participate in industry events where you can both grow your knowledge, as well as network with prospective customers
- Liaise between Smartwyre customer success teams to identify opportunities and help coordinate our partnership activities.