At Shinola, we make beautiful, enduring, handcrafted goods that are built to be lived in, worn out, and well-loved. Our thoughtful craftsmanship, timeless design, and spirited stories inspire our customers to live well, with confidence & joy—in a style that is uniquely their own! Because we are a growing and evolving company, each employee is a key stakeholder, making decisions every day that directly impact our overall vision and direction. At Shinola, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution at the start of what we believe will become an iconic American brand.
We're seeking a passionate and innovative Director of Marketing to spearhead our brand's narrative through strategic initiatives, creative prowess, and thoughtful leadership. At Shinola, we create more than just products; we curate experiences that resonate with individuals who value craftsmanship, authenticity, and purpose. As a key player in our journey, you'll shape the future of our luxury retail brand by amplifying our message to the world.
- Develop, execute, and own a comprehensive, 360 marketing strategy across media, events, and PR that aligns seamlessly with our brand, customer, product and, business objectives.
- Define the marketing calendar and media mix across paid digital, organic, and traditional media, events, PR, and partnerships.
- Lead the orchestration of digital marketing campaigns from conception to optimization, overseeing various channels like paid search, paid social, programmatic display.
- Nurture and foster the development and professional growth of team members and create an environment of innovation, collaboration, and considered risk-taking.
- Utilize analytics to measure campaign performance, , define key performance indicators (KPIs), and make informed, data-driven decisions to enhance ROI.
- Manage and allocate media and marketing budgets judiciously, ensuring maximum impact and efficiency in acquiring and retaining our valued customers.
- Collaborate closely with our Head of Creative to harmonize performance marketing strategies with our brand's overarching message and creative direction and to create fresh, innovative assets and experiences for a visually sophisticated audience.
- Lead the creation of clearly articulated creative briefs tied to our tentpole brand moments that can be followed by agencies and internal teams.
- Manage our agency partners to ensure their work is focused and driving impact against company objectives.
- Oversee and lead efforts in search engine optimization (SEO), augmenting organic visibility and driving targeted traffic to our digital platforms.
- Drive the team to create and execute high impact messaging (email, SMS, etc.) campaigns to improve customer engagement.
- Explore and manage influential partnerships with other brands, platforms, and thought leaders, amplifying the impact of our marketing endeavors.
- Implement innovative strategies to enhance website and landing page conversion rates, elevating the efficacy of our digital marketing initiatives.
- 10+ years in a similar strategic marketing people leader role in-house or with an agency, preferably within luxury retail or related industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and executing marketing strategies for omnichannel brands and retailers.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and a strong grasp of interpreting analytics for actionable insights.
- Experience managing substantial marketing budgets and achieving tangible ROI.
- Collaborative spirit with demonstrable success in cross-functional team settings.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing best practices and their application in retail environments.
- Experience in fostering and managing partnerships, enhancing brand exposure and engagement.
- A passion for innovation, staying abreast of industry trends, and implementing cutting-edge marketing techniques. Are you ready to infuse your strategic vision into our narrative? Come join us at Shinola, where every day is an opportunity to craft compelling stories and shape the future of our brand.
Are you ready to infuse your strategic vision into our narrative? Come join us at Shinola, where every day is an opportunity to craft compelling stories and shape the future of our brand.
Shinola is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Salary: $120,000 - $200,000