Biz Ops Analyst
Returnmates is a fast-growing, seed-stage, LA-based technology and logistics startup that provides brands with a customer-centric delivery and returns experience for their shoppers. Our mission is to make online shopping more enjoyable by creating a seamless post purchase experience. We combine technology and logistics to provide a white-glove service for consumers -- step by step delivery tracking, SMS customer support, and boxless, printerless (!) doorstep returns. If you want to join an innovative team that is tackling an area of e-commerce that has been left out to dry, this is the place for you.
Returnmates is seeking an experienced, highly skilled, and detail-oriented Biz Ops Analyst to join our last-mile logistics company. You’ll be responsible for permeating data-driven decision making throughout the organization while also driving data-led recommendations to optimize our operations. You will help design our data infrastructure, analyze large datasets, identify trends, and provide actionable insights to improve performance across all RM markets. This role reports directly into our Head of Central Operations.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, experience in data manipulation and visualization, and the ability to communicate complex findings to different levels in the organization. This role will work cross-functionally across the business with Operations, Driver Ops, Logistics, Support Ops, Sales, and Tech/Product teams to execute on our customers’ daily needs. Your day-to-day efforts will support aggressive growth and expansion at a rapidly growing, early-stage startup.
This position can be remote; however, preferred markets are Los Angeles, New York City, or San Diego.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the Head of Central Operations to attack the organization’s data needs across daily operations, partner reporting, analyses, and KPI monitoring
- Collect, clean, and analyze large volumes of data to identify trends, patterns, and insights within the RM business
- Architect, design, develop, and implement data models, algorithms, and statistical analyses to optimize operational efficiency, resource allocation, and unit profitability
- Identify and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and report on operational performance, partner performance, cost metrics, customer satisfaction, and delivery success rates
- Develop dashboards, reports, and visualizations to present complex data findings in a clear and concise manner for decision-making purposes
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses and deep dives to investigate specific operational challenges, identify root causes, and recommend actionable solutions
- Ensure data integrity through streamlining data collection practices and automating workflows where possible
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Driver Operations, Logistics, Sales, and Support Ops to identify data requirements and define metrics for performance evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (data science, statistics, engineering, business)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an analyst in the Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, Investment Banking, Consulting, or high-growth startup areas
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manipulate and analyze complex datasets
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and data manipulation languages such as SQL, Python, and/or R
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Sigma, or similar platforms
- Understands what a robust process looks like and can build, iterate, and automate processes in a scalable and efficient way
- Desire to excel in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Professional with a strong business acumen
- Outside-the-box thinker with big visions for the future (and a plan to get there)!
- Humble, can-do attitude with an obsession for solving problems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a team player
- Familiarity with statistical analysis techniques, forecasting models, and optimization algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to influence and gain consensus with senior stakeholders
- Ability to use data to frame business questions, translate business needs into strategies, and implement tactics and process improvements
- High tolerance for ambiguity with a natural reflex for reducing a complex business problem into well-structured tangible components
- Strong project management skills
- Strong understanding of ecommerce and the online returns process
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on data accuracy and integrity
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Lead by example in rolling up your sleeves and getting deep into the day-to-day work
- Agile - able to jump from priority to priority and gain inspiration from a fast-paced environment
You'll be excited to join the team because we have:
- The opportunity to join the ground floor of a fast-paced startup experiencing hyper-growth!
- 100% health, vision, and dental benefits coverage for employees, and 50% coverage for eligible dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee stock options
- A fun and engaging work environment