Operations Manager, Dallas
Returnmates is a fast-growing, LA-based technology and logistics startup that enables consumers to return online purchases without leaving their home. Our mission is to make online shopping more enjoyable by providing a return experience that’s as seamless as the purchase. We combine technology and logistics to provide a white-glove service for consumers -- no more printing, boxes and tape! If you want to join an innovative team that is tackling an area of ecommerce that has been left out to dry, this is the place for you.
Returnmates is seeking an Operations Manager to launch support our operations in New York. You’ll work closely with our Dallas GM as we build the business in the New York. You'll be responsible for creating processes that provide customers with an amazing experience from the moment they schedule a pickup, to the moment they receive their refund. This will include managing a diverse team of independent contract drivers, liaising with the HQ operations team to share learnings and constantly innovating on our current model. Your day-to-day efforts will support aggressive growth and expansion at a rapidly growing, early-stage startup.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire and manage a fleet of drivers based on projected demand
- Perform analysis on daily operations and create process improvements based on the findings
- Deliver excellent customer service; use a customer-first mindset when answering questions from customers with regards to their returns.
- Work closely with the NYC GM on a daily basis to relay feedback and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or 3+ years work experience in related field
- 2-4 years of experience (logistics, investment banking, consulting or high-growth startup experience is a plus!)
- Experience, managing and directing the work independent contractors
- Experience in managing complex projects/programs through to completion
- Ability to work in-person at the warehouse facility full-time
- Humble, can-do attitude with an obsession for solving problems
- Strong understanding of e-commerce, the online returns process, and logistics
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Strong Excel / PowerPoint skills (or Google Suite equivalent)
- Prior experience managing independent contractors
You'll be excited to join the team because we have:
- The opportunity to join the ground floor of a fast-paced startup!
- 100% health, vision, and dental benefits coverage for employees, and 50% coverage for eligible dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee stock options
- A fun and engaging work environment