Returnmates is a fast-growing, Series A funded, LA-based technology and logistics startup that provides brands with a customer centric delivery and returns experience for their shoppers. Our mission is to make online shopping more enjoyable by creating a seamless post purchase experience. We combine technology and logistics to provide a white-glove service for consumers -- step by step delivery tracking, SMS customer support and boxless, printerless doorstep returns. If you want to join an innovative team that is tackling an area of ecommerce that has been left out to dry, this is the place for you.
Returnmates is seeking a Finance Lead to play a key role in managing the financial health of the business. As the first full-time member of the finance team, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the finances across the organization. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic decision-making. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of Returnmates, reporting directly into the Co-Founder and CEO.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement financial strategies aligned with the company's business objectives.
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes, providing insights to support decision-making.
- Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reports to executive leadership and Board of Directors.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis to identify opportunities for geographical and gross margin expansion and cost reduction.
- Optimize cash flow by managing working capital, monitoring receivables, and controlling expenditures.
- Implement effective cash management strategies to support growth initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for fundraising activities and meetings with potential investors.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks, proposing solutions to safeguard the company's financial health.
- Oversee and manage an external accounting firm to supplement the FP&A initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 6-10 years of experience with 2-3 years in Investment Banking or Early-Growth Stage Startup Finance
- Experience in managing projects/programs through to completion
- Strong understanding of financial principles, GAAP, and financial reporting.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to change.
- Humble, can-do attitude with an obsession for solving problems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience working directly with executive leadership is a plus!
- Experience managing Financials across a business moving things in the real world
- Team player
- Agile - able to jump from priority to priority and gain inspiration from a fast-paced environment
You'll be excited to join the team because we have:
- The opportunity to join the ground floor of a fast-paced startup experiencing hyper-growth!
- 100% health, vision, and dental benefits coverage for employees, and 50% coverage for eligible dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee stock options
- A fun and engaging work environment