This role will spend most of the time working on NodeJS and React applications written in TypeScript. They will use Cucumber to test these applications and will write and modify tests regularly. The primary responsibilities are implementing new features, reviewing code, and fixing bugs, with security and scalability always top of mind.
We will help you develop a deep understanding of the parametric insurance domain that will provide the necessary context for this role. Your day-to-day tasks will require you to understand business requirements in order to design and implement solutions that are secure and scalable.
This role is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with a groundbreaking vision in a highly technical environment. This is a remote position so it's important that you navigate the organization with independence and a self-motivated attitude.
Day to day
- Parse business requirements and visual designs to develop secure and scalable solutions
- Write Cucumber scenarios for a new feature (before writing any code for it)
- Implement designs with clean, readable, reusable code to make scenarios pass
- Resolve bugs throughout the application layer in a Docker or Kubernetes environment
- Review other code regularly following a structured process to ensure security and scalability
- Participate in shaping our small team and contributing to our evolving culture
- Prepare issues for more junior developers, track their progress, answer their questions, and review their code before merging it in
What we value
- Production level Node JS and React TypeScript engineer (5 years)
- Fluent in REST API design
- Expert understanding of CSS
- Strong experience working in CI Pipelines
- Deep understanding of Git and the change management process
- Experience with BDD or TDD
- Experience with CSS precompilers like SCSS
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English.
- At least two years of experience working remotely
- Experience writing asynchronous systems
- Experience with containerized application
- A curious generalist when it comes to software engineering
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with observability stack
- Experience using Cucumber for end-to-end testing in BDD
- Experience with Python and/or Go
- Fluent in gRPC API design
What we offer
- 100% remote first company
- Market salary
- Remote setup lump sum