Director of Talent Management
People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2023
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We’re building our People practice from the ground up and are looking for a passionate talent management pro to help us build a world class employee experience and culture that will fuel Pryon’s rapid growth. If you are devoted to creating an amazing employee experience and culture, and adept at navigating dynamic and quick-moving environments, this may be the role for you.
As the Director of Talent Management, you will be at the forefront of shaping our workforce of the future. You will oversee and implement strategies for talent management and development, ensuring employees continually grow, thrive, and participate in our innovative and inclusive culture.
This is a fully remote position, requiring work hours to be aligned with the Eastern Timezone (ET) for optimal team collaboration and operational efficiency.
In This Role, You Will:
- Develop strategy, processes, and programs that foster employee engagement and retention in a high-growth tech environment.
- Design and implement comprehensive job architecture framework; standardizing levels, titles, and role descriptions that align with our organizational goals and growth trajectory.
- Develop competency frameworks for roles, ensuring skills and qualifications are clearly defined for effective performance management and career development.
- Align compensation and career pathways within job architecture, promoting internal equity, market competitiveness, and clear career progression opportunities.
- Design and manage holistic annual talent and development planning cycle.
- Evolve performance management system to foster high performance, feedback culture, and continuous improvement.
- Create succession planning strategies to ensure continuity in key roles.
- Develop career pathing and mobility strategies to facilitate employee growth.
- Build and oversee a world-class leadership development program, cultivating present and future leaders.
- Design and manage both technical and soft skills learning and development programs.
- Establish mentorship and coaching approach to foster exposure-based learning.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to integrate new hires effectively into culture.
- Apply a DEI lens consistently across all HR processes and programs, ensuring fairness, equity, and inclusivity in the workplace.
- Champion dedicated DEI initiatives, fostering a culture where all employees feel that they belong and can thrive.
- Utilize talent analytics to inform decision-making and assess the effectiveness of talent management programs.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful:
- 10+ years of HR, talent management, and/or talent development experience.
- Systemic-thinking, 'full stack' HR professional with a deep understanding of the talent ecosystem's interrelated and synergistic nature, capable of navigating and influencing complex, interconnected HR disciplines.
- Proven track record in scaling talent management initiatives at fast-growing companies.
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on data-driven decision-making.
- Proficiency with HR tools, including performance and learning systems.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly proactive and able to identify and address pain points and opportunities.
- Capable of working autonomously, managing responsibilities effectively while also collaborating with the team and relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset, with a focus on continuous learning and professional development in HR.
- Tech savvy and capable to leveraging technology and AI to accelerate productivity.
- Preferred but not required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Advanced degrees and HR certifications (e.g. PHR, SHPR-CP) are a plus.
- Apply Your Potential: Even if your experience and skills don't align perfectly with every aspect of this job description, we encourage you to apply. We value growth mindset, ambition, and potential -- and you might be the ideal candidate for this role or other opportunities within our team in the future.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.