Maintenance Technician I
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
The impact you'll have
At Placemakr, we hold building safety and maintenance in the highest regard, particularly as it contributes to a top-tier experience for our guests and residents. As a Maintenance Technician I, you will be responsible for upholding our building standards by supporting all aspects of the overall maintenance and upkeep of your property by addressing building- and grounds-related concerns promptly. We are seeking skilled individuals who are on a mission to positively impact the guest and resident experience by making certain that our building is properly functioning, safe, and clean. As an integral member of our on-site Property Team, you will embody our Property Team Mission with each work order, preventative maintenance project and interaction, and consistently demonstrate that effective resolution of maintenance issues is the core of our operation.
This is a full-time position requiring ability to work during the week and weekends. The exact days of the week will be rotational.
This position is located on-site at our Austin, TX location. The hourly rate for this position is $24-26.00/hr, dependent upon skills and experience.
Your typical day
- Foster a "one team" mentality by collaborating effectively with fellow property team members.
- Maintain a safe, secure and compliant environment for team members and guests.
- Utilize our maintenance system to respond to work orders in a timely manner and take meticulous notes per Placemakr SOPs.
- Effectively complete assigned work orders daily according to industry and Placemakr standards.
- Support the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of our building by completing assigned preventative maintenance tasks daily to standard.
- Escalate maintenance and upkeep issues to your leadership team appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Urgently respond to and appropriately resolve maintenance or building issues during on-call shifts.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
What it takes
- You’ve held a skilled labor- or maintenance-related position for 1+ year, in which you were exposed to various trades.
- You have 6 months+ of experience with navigating appliances, basic plumbing and basic HVAC repairs and a demonstrated capacity to acquire new technical skills as necessary.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of general maintenance, and safety, procedures and techniques.
- You excel at assessing and prioritizing maintenance requests (with support from your leadership team).
- You have the ability to work on-call shifts consistently based on the needs of the business.
- You have a can-do attitude and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- You embody our Property Team Mission of Customer, Consistency and Community (Norms)
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
- Maintenance Technicians will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our Maintenance Technicians and an exceptional guest experience.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depending on your role
Flexible scheduling (including 3- and 4-day full-time work weeks, location- and position-dependent) to support work-life balance for all
Transparent position development which provides you with the ability to increase your pay by at least $2/hr in as fast as 9-months (position-dependent)
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!