Specialist, Property Support
San Antonio, TX, USA
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
The Specialist, Property Support, will supply on-site support to our newly acquired buildings and existing property operations teams by managing and executing on timelines, budgets, and projects, as well as providing people-related support throughout the lifecycle of our properties during times of staffing shortages, process rollout and property performance initiatives. This individual will train and project manage our on-site operations teams in logistics behind transitioning properties, such as accepting units, coordinating FF&E and OS&E, and executing Placemakr Customer Experience standards, while providing hands-on support throughout. While functioning as an extension of our property operations team, the Specialist, Property Support will be an integral member of the on-site staff by bridging communication across the Property Operations and non-property teams to relay issues, questions, changes, and needs, during transitionary periods and on-going operations. In partnership with the Manager, Property Support, this individual will set up systems and processes that make the transition process on-site as seamless as possible.
In this position, you must be detailed oriented and a strong planner, as you will be expected to manage new and ongoing projects with moving deadlines in order to support the achievement of property performance expectations. As a utility player providing operational support to our property teams in various situations, you will be expected to manage competing priorities effectively, embody people leadership skills, and consistently Own It, Make It Better and Treat People Right.
The individual selected for this position must be located in either Austin, Dallas, Houston or San Antonio.
- Serve as boots on the ground support during property onboardings, off-boardings, transitionary projects, and other personnel support needs
- Facilitate trainings for new team members on the property operations teams at various levels
- Day-to-day execution of all tasks related to on-site stand-up, wind down or on-going operations projects (including gaps in staffing and roll out of new initiatives) at assigned properties to support property performance expectations
- Execute on and support development of SOPs for applicable pre-opening and wind down processes that touch the properties, including accepting units, receiving and installing physical product (FF&E and OS&E) and setting up buildings to Placemakr brand standards
- In tandem with cross-functional partners and the Manager, Property Support, identify risks and capacity constraints in project timelines and proactively work to mitigate those risks
- Communicate effectively and frequently with on-site and off-site partners across the organization to ensure alignment on and efficacy on all projects
- Spend 100% of your time on-site providing support to properties in your ‘home’ area and Placemakr properties across markets.
- Travel75+% of the time outside of your home area to provide hands-on support for your owned projects, including openings, wind-downs and ad-hoc operational support.
- Utilize Monday.com and other project management tools to effectively manage the progress of properties, projects and team support
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in hospitality, retail, operations, or project management
- 1+ years of people leadership, supervisory or mentorship experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with execution and documentation of processes and regularly sharing status updates effectively
- Ability to be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- You have strong leadership skills and can hire, train, cultivate, develop and lead a team that is working on diverse projects
- You are a problem-solver. You identify issues before they arise, escalate appropriately and resolve them in a timely manner
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can work well with leaders and team members throughout the company to execute on projects, processes and standardization
- You Own It, You Make It Better, You Treat People Right
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Generous Stock Options and Performance Bonuses
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Unlimited PTO to allow time for you to recharge
Monthly cell phone reimbursement, health & wellness stipend and a generous onboarding stipend for remote employees
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!