Sales & Business Development
San Antonio, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
The Impact you'll have
As Area Manager, you are responsible for driving the overall execution (creation and ongoing ownership) of the operational excellence of your Placemakr properties, including budgetary efficiency, proactive and effective maintenance, competitive growth-oriented pricing, and the experience of everyone onsite: employees, residents, guests, third-party partners, and building ownership/management. This position will require frequent travel to prospective and newly signed buildings in your applicable area(s).
Your typical day
- Directly supervise, lead and develop your team of on-site leaders
- Own and manage the budgetary efficiency of your Placemakr properties
- Assess areas of opportunity in operations, people, leadership and guest service and use an outside-the-box mindset when finding solutions
- Partner successfully with cross-functional teams, including the implementation of all back-end and access systems, programming of front and back of house spaces, and tailoring SOPs to your specific assets
- In tandem with your leaders, support talent acquisition efforts across all operations roles within your properties
- Develop and support the execution of streamlined reporting and processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members, working alongside the Sr. Director, Properties, to support execution of all property operations
- Oversee, support and train team members on SOPs and programs
- Provide hands-on assistance trouble shooting on-site issues that require additional leadership/expertise
- Mentor all direct reports in relation to property esthetics, financial reporting, P&L management, leadership, and evolving operational excellence
- Ensure all of your properties are maintaining a consistently high level of service and meeting Placemakr’s brand standards
- Support accounts receivable management within your Placemakr properties to drive down balances and convert to NOI
- Own all owner and partner relations for your Placemakr properties
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What it takes
- You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality, business administration, or finance; or you have commensurate experience in lieu of a formal degree
- You have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience of successfully leading multi-familyor hospitality properties in a high-volume environment
- Ability to travel to properties across your applicable area as the needs of the business call for it (approximately 75% of the time)
- You have an analytical approach to operations, are process driven, and have a strong financial acumen
- You are experienced in leading multi-site tech forward operations and have a short technology/systems learning curve
- You have demonstrated a consistent track record of curating experiences and leading teams that promote retention, loyalty, and revenue growth
- You have a proven history of pricing and revenue management to drive occupancy, minimize vacancy loss and build NOI
- You have experience successfully cultivating, managing, and owning high-level relationships and leveraging them to address competing priorities
- You have a strong track record of managing controllable expenses, driving team performance, and making effective decisions to beat budget while maintaining exceptional service levels
- You are a hands-on leader who supports your team, takes an active role in growing and developing them, and is not only capable but wants to assist/cover when on-site help is needed
- You are highly organized and excel at managing your time and resources proactively
- You are a quick thinker, a problem solver, a skilled communicator, and a world-class motivator
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
- Area Managers will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our Area Managers and an exceptional guest experience.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Generous Stock Options and Performance Bonuses
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Unlimited PTO to allow time for you to recharge
Monthly cell phone reimbursement and health & wellness stipend
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at email@example.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!