Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
The Sales Manager, primary role is to drive bookings from local and national corporate customers for Placemakr properties, with a particular focus on building a portfolio of repeat corporate clients. This role will be hybrid and work on-site at our DC Properties along with working in the DC Market.
- Contribute to the development and execution of a local strategic plan and your assigned goals to drive group and corporate business to your property, collaborating closely with the revenue team.
- Meet or exceed monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) like revenue, ADR, and NOI for your property. Continuously adapt and refine your strategic approach based on real-time feedback from your manager and as the industry evolves.
- Generate qualified leads through proactive prospecting methods, including phone outreach, in-person meetings, social media engagement, and networking with prospective and existing clients.
- Actively participate in local professional organizations relevant to the assigned region and industry verticals, with familiarity in organizations such as ERC, GBTA, and SHRM considered a plus.
- Conduct property tours for key decision-makers for groups/meetings that would result in revenue conversion.
- Regularly review monthly sales goals and revenue figures, working in close coordination with the Regional Director of Sales to achieve established targets.
- Assume full ownership of the sales cycle, including but not limited to prospecting, contract negotiations, and closings, with responsibility for achieving 100% of your assigned sales goal.
- Stay updated on local demand trends and conduct competitive market analysis, ensuring that the platform team remains well-informed.
- Maintain a sales pipeline that is at least three times your annual direct revenue goals.
- Build strong relationships within the supply network to actively promote and convert third-party requests.
- Coordinate and assist in general sales activities, including trade shows, advertising, public relations, and other initiatives as directed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field preferred, or commensurate experience in lieu of a degree.
- 2-5 years of sales experience within the Hospitality sector, with a strong preference for experience in corporate housing or extended stay hotel markets.
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool required; HubSpot and Zoominfo experience a plus.
- Current knowledge or ability to gain knowledge of the travel and relocation industry, market trends, and economic factors.
- You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and use them to build relationships, gain buy-in and close business.
- You have a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- You have the ability to drive results independently and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Generous Stock Options and Performance Bonuses
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Unlimited PTO to allow time for you to recharge
Monthly cell phone reimbursement, health & wellness stipend and a generous onboarding stipend for remote employees
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!