Columbia, MD, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four major metro areas (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
As our Housekeeping Manager, your mission is to drive the execution and quality of cleanliness and safety for all of our guest rooms and common areas. You will assist with managing our housekeeping team and with daily operations including turning units over quickly and making sure they are in tip-top shape, fully stocked and ready to wow the next guest, as well as maintaining a safe and healthy environment in our high-touch public facing areas.
This position requires open availability for scheduling including nights, weekends and holidays. The exact hours and days of the week and weekend that you will be scheduled will be rotational.
This position is located on-site at our Columbia location.
- Responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the Housekeeping Department
- Prepare daily work assignments for all housekeeping personnel.
- Conduct daily huddle with all housekeeping personnel.
- Responsible for purchasing supplies, maintaining inventory levels of guest and housekeeping supplies, including linen.
- Oversee the cleanliness and appearance of all guestrooms and public areas. Inspect VIP and Showrooms on a daily basis.
- Routinely inspect all cleaning equipment to make sure that all items function safely and efficiently. (Vacuum cleaners, wet extractors, and rotary machines)
- Assist with the preparation of weekly schedules, payroll, and reports and ensure proper staffing levels according to forecast.
- Investigate service complaints and follow-up with guests to ensure the problem is resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and maintain accurate records and safe storage of guest Lost and Found items.
- Maintain close coordination, communication and interaction with the Front Office, Engineering, and other departments to ensure the daily operation is flawless.
- Evaluate situations, make logical decisions on how to direct work and resolve challenges.
- Ensure all personnel are performing housekeeping functions according to established brand standards.
- Control labor relations issues with contracted employees.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- You have previous housekeeping/cleaning experience which includes successfully owning and supporting room turning and/or cleaning operations.
- You have experience leading a team, managing work schedules and assigning duties to other team members (highly preferred)
- You’re a detail-oriented person and never stop trying to make everything you touch better by innovating our processes and workflows. People are wowed by your innovative ideas and exceptional work ethic.
- You can successfully use your soft skills and relationships to drive team member engagement, minimize process time and increase product quality.
- You have a strong track record of delivering efficient and effective performance while minding controllable expenses.
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
- Housekeeping Managers will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our Housekeeping Managers and an exceptional guest experience.
Our Benefits and Perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depnding on your role
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday.
Plus discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our Community Norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at email@example.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!