Community Relations Support Coordinator
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four major metro areas (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
As a Community Relations Support Coordinator, you will be an essential part of our property operations team, supporting sales, operations, and leasing. You will build and maintain relationships with current and prospective residents, focusing on excellent customer service, and creating a culture within the building consistent with Placemakr’s core values. Due to the unique make-up of unit types at this location, this position will have a cross-department reporting relationship and directly support our Hospitality Sales efforts while also serving as the main point of contact for current long-term residents.
This position will be located on-site at our property in New York. The hourly rate for the position is $26.50/hr.
- Foster strong relationships with current residents to ensure satisfaction and retention by addressing inquiries and concerns promptly and professionally.
- Manage lease renewals and renewal processes and follow up with expiring lease residents.
- Prepare leasing reports and assist in generating leasing-related analytics.
- Ensure and maintain that all leasing processes comply with company policies and local laws.
- Perform pre-move-in inspections and conduct move out walk-throughs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of property availability.
- Conduct property tours, showcasing amenities, features, and available units.
- Engage with group booking clients, introducing them to the community.
- Coordinate arrivals of new tenants and groups with the operational teams to ensure a successful arrival.
- Communicate and support the completion of group booking application status and updates to applicants and sales, including completing contracts and collecting payment.
- Work with the Sales Team to obtain information on rental rates, leasing terms, and incentives/promotions.
- Support sales team with engagement and satisfaction of group bookings once a group stay has been confirmed.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of leasing and resident information by entering new leases, group blocks, rooming lists, reservations and ad hoc changes on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of invoices, billing, and collection of payments. Report nonpayment to East Coast Director of Sales and Wall St. General Manager.
- Use property management software to track lease expirations, past group business, prospective tenant inquiries, and conversion rates.
- In collaboration with property and hospitality sales leadership, assist in market research to stay updated on market and/or industry trends in the area.
- Work with multiple departments on various special projects.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- 1+ years' experience inhospitality, leasing or sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in hospitality, property management, business administration, or finance; or commensurate experience in lieu of a formal degree.
- Previous experience supporting residents' inquiries, increasing resident and community satisfaction and/or facilitating group events.
- You are a service-forward, people person who excels in a customer-focused environment where no two days are alike.
- You have successfully supported the cultivation of client relationships across a team or department.
- You support a culture consistent with Placemakr’s core values and world-class quality of service by owning your role and actively fostering cross-functional relationships.
- You lead by example, are always professional, and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
- Community Relations Support Coordinators will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our Community Relations Support Coordinators and an exceptional guest experience.
Our Benefits and Perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depnding on your role
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday.
Plus discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our Community Norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!