Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four major metro areas (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
As Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for all aspects of the overall and ongoing maintenance of your property. Responsibilities can range from engineering work such as HVAC or drywall, to maintaining inventory, to handling communications with residents and guests. In short, it is your mission to make certain that your entire property is properly functioning, safe and clean, to help ensure an unmatched experience for everyone on-site.
Hourly rate of $25/hour
- Assist the Chief Engineer in standing up all engineering structures including the hands-on implementation of back-end and access systems, programming of back of house and storage spaces, establishment of a base inventory and timely ordering system, and creation of Maintenance SOPs and Preventative Maintenance plans.
- Respond to all work orders in a timely manner and according to SOP’s to ensure a satisfactory experience.
- Keep all mechanical, storage, and back of house areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Regularly inspect common areas and all equipment and systems to proactively prevent or fix issues before they can impact the resident/guest experience.
- Maintain and execute all preventive maintenance programs as scheduled.
- Accomplish all unit turns and in-house projects on time or better, and in line with appropriate specifications.
- Collaborate and work well with the front of house team, Corporate HQ, vendors, and contractors to ensure our operations are always tight, functional, and creating the best possible on-site experience for all involved.
- Manage the inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Assist in all projects and tasks, as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- You have a High School or General Education Degree, or commensurate experience in maintenance/engineering.
- You have a maintenance background in Class-A residential buildings or hotels, or similar engineering operations.
- You have certificate(s) in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field (preferred).
- You have an advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- You are an effective problem solver with written and verbal communications skills
- You are skilled, hands-on, patient and a strong multi-tasker.
- You are highly organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- You are physically capable and available to work overtime (including weekends and evenings, as well as possible on-call shifts).
- You have a pleasant demeanor and can handle interactions with a high degree of tolerance, diplomacy, and tact.
- You can effectively manage stressful working situations.
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr.
Our Benefits and Perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depnding on your role
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday.
Plus discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our Community Norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!