Columbia, MD, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four major metro areas (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
As a Housekeeper, your mission is to drive the execution and quality of cleanliness and safety for all of our guest rooms and common areas. This includes turning units over quickly and making sure they are in tip-top shape, fully stocked and ready to wow the next guest, as well as maintaining a safe and healthy environment in our high-touch public facing areas.
This role is located in Columbia, MD. $18/hr and eligible for monthly bonus.
- Manage the sensitive and crucial process of readying our apartment units into hotel rooms so that each of them looks exceptional.
- Clean public areas, gym, restrooms, elevators, employee break room and offices, and remove trash from units and public areas
- Uphold Placemakr standards and team metrics (such as room readiness/quality/availability metrics, customer reviews, employee engagement and performance scores, and contribution to revenue).
- Make smart business decisions that produce better room quality and comfort, increased guest satisfaction, stronger team member engagement, and revenue growth.
- Keep an eye on inventory and tools; proactively communicate ordering needs and/or product suggestions to your Manager.
- Become an expert on your hotel and the building as a whole so that you can help solve on-site problems with creative solutions.
- Given how great your rooms are, you pay constant attention to detail while minding the bigger picture.
- You always wear a smile on your face, and stop to greet and say hi to guests and residents as you encounter them on-site.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- You have previous housekeeping/cleaning experience which includes successfully owning/supporting room turning and/or cleaning operations.
- You’re a detail-oriented person and never stop trying to make everything you touch better by innovating our processes and workflows. People are wowed by your innovative ideas and exceptional work ethic.
- You're able to be on your feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance).
- You embody the core values of Placemakr. You own it. You make it better. You treat people right.
Our Benefits and Perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depnding on your role
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday.
Plus discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our Community Norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!