Who We Are
Paro leverages proprietary AI technology to match our highly vetted experts with companies on an on-demand, hourly basis to solve their problems and drive growth. We have curated a network of prestigious firms who are embracing the gig economy.
What we offer
Paro empowers top industry experts to reimagine work, escape the 9-to-5 grind, and build a thriving business - all while increasing your earning potential and improving your quality of life. We do this by providing you access to client work through our managed marketplace and support your growing business by handling the marketing, operations, and business development so you can focus on doing what you’re best at.
What You’ll Do
You may partner with CPA firms to provide support to multiple clients. CPA firms range from local boutique accounting firms to top 100, US-based public accounting firms.
Below is a list of potential tasks you might be assigned with a CPA Firm client, including but not limited to:
- Set up and preparation of audit files in firm’s audit software
- Perform audit testing/fieldwork remotely and on-site at client facilities as instructed by the engagement in-charge
- Assist with wrap-up after audit fieldwork to include finalizing workpapers and checklists
- Preparation of draft financial statements and related audit documents
What You Bring
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with top 400 accounting firms, specializing in audit engagements
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience working with one of the following: CaseWare, CCH Engagement, or AdvanceFlow
- Experience working with any of the following audit types: employee benefit plan (401K), non-profit, government, yellowbook, construction, general
- Experience in supervising, planning, execution, and reporting on audits of financial statements prepared in accordance with the US GAAP and US GAAS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail to identify anomalies and potential areas of risk during audit engagements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey complex audit concepts
- Ability to work independently and remotely, while managing multiple audit engagements simultaneously
- Dedication to delivering exceptional client service and building long-term relationships
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and a commitment to maintaining the highest professional standards
- At least 20 hours per week of availability
Our Vetting Process
- Register to join our exclusive network- this is where you will begin the process of building out your expert profile
- Based on your profile we will invite you to a live video interview with one of our Expert Recruiters
- If we believe you’re a potential fit for our network we will invite you to complete a quick skills assessment based on your experience and desired work engagements
- If you pass our skills test, you will be invited to complete a background screening and finalize your profile to be accepted into our network
**Please note: This role is for our Talent Network, not our Core Team.