Product Support Associate
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City with an office in Austin and teammates across the US, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose, who have also backed the likes of Pinterest, Airbnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Crain's, Inc. 5000, Glassdoor, Parity.org and Built In on their lists of best places to work.
About this role
This is an exciting opportunity to play an instrumental role in making the home buying and selling experience frictionless for our customers.
You will provide support for our Orchard Service Advisors, Listing Agents, Transaction Coordinators, and others using Orchard software products. You’ll be responsible for triaging and resolving or escalating user issues through support channels and proactive monitoring. You will partner with our Product and Engineering teams, as well as cross-functional stakeholders, to refine our support processes, prioritize bugs and root cause fixes, and develop subject matter expertise on the complex business processes that power Orchard’s business.
This is a full-time role that will report to the Director of Engineering with the option to be remote in the following locations: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, or WI.
In this role you will:
- Oversee and manage the entire lifecycle of reported issues: triage urgency, troubleshoot with the user, escalate to engineering if necessary, and follow through to resolution
- Become a subject-matter expert on our internally-developed applications to be able to provide front-line troubleshooting support to users
- Develop, execute, and maintain a knowledge base of troubleshooting articles and technical runbooks for resolving support issues
- Be the voice of our users when collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to present recommendations for feature improvements
- At least 6 months of experience with SQL
- Excellent user-facing and stakeholder communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fast learner, adaptable, and creative problem-solving skills
- Interest in technical troubleshooting
- Ability to work quickly and manage a high volume of support requests
- Experience with customer issue management tools (Jira, Zendesk) a plus
For NYC and Colorado residents only: The pay range for this position in New York City and Colorado is $50,000-$70,000/year. The actual base pay offered may vary within the range provided depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law and the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Please note that the range provided is applicable only to New York City-based and Colorado-based applicants. Base compensation may vary if the work location is outside of New York City or Colorado.
#LI-AW1 #LI-Remote #BI-Remote
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.