We're looking for an organized, motivated and detail-oriented person to join as the first hire on the Product Management team. You will design and implement features from start to finish, and create new product offerings that delight our customers. You will be integral in defining our product management processes and leading the sprint cycle.
The ideal candidate combines strong business acumen with a technical understanding that can create simple products that solve complex problems. You will drive alignment across functions, and be data driven in your decision making. You are a leader who is ready for a new challenge, and who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Ship innovative features from ideation, development, to launch
- Establish a shared vision across the company by attaining alignment on product priorities
- Continuously prioritize roadmap projects based on the company goals and team KPIs
- Partner with engineering, design, and cross functional stakeholders to ensure software is built collaboratively and inclusively
- Become an expert on the competitive ecosystem, and how Onward’s technology fits into it
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative research to prioritize your roadmap
- Be the voice and champion of the customer, helping transform these needs into innovative solutions
What We Expect
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably at a startup
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to take an idea to launch with limited resources
- Obsession with solving customers’ problems with well thought out solutions
- Strong communicator who can speak to the business value of products, the users’ needs, and simplify technical jargon
- Strong go getter / figure it out attitude who thrives in an independent environment
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Deep technical understanding combined with an understanding of the business needs
- Logistics/Supply Chain Experience
- Technical background
- Competitive pay
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Health, Vision, Dental, etc.
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Consistent Engagement from Senior Leadership
Message from our CEO:
Onward is a high-growth, venture-backed startup using a first to market approach to fix the supply chain crisis in the United States.
The supply chain crisis is in the forefront of everyone's minds these days. It is on the news and I am sure you have experienced delays in shipping your gifts around the holidays. Of all the industries impacted by the crisis, no industry has been hurt more than the big and bulky goods transportation market (furniture, appliances and palletized goods). Did you know if you go into a store to purchase a piece of furniture, it will take over a month for that product to arrive at your home? To make matters worse, there is a driver shortage in the industry that is making it impossible to find the help needed for supply to meet demand. Further pushing out the end date to this crisis.
At Onward, our platform has found a way to fix the driver shortage. Not by recruiting more drivers, but by making the drivers on the road more efficient. Our technology has allowed us to connect each retailer in the market to the unused cargo space on the road everyday. Therefore allowing retailers to reduce the time between order and delivery from over a month, to next day.
As a result, we are on a rocketship of growth. Backed by Techstars, we set records by oversubscribing our Series Seed fundraising round and have grown 600% since the middle of 2021. We have onboarded some of the biggest retail stores in the nation and have secured investment from some of the best Venture Capitalists and Angel Investors in the industry (we have 4 unicorn CEOs as our angel investors!).
We’re a team of highly motivated individuals that have lived and breathed the problems in this industry for years. We have deep experience in running startups, developing complicated web applications, designing user interfaces that delight customers and building fun work environments. We also have founders that have proven track records in scaling businesses from under $5M in revenue to over $50 million.
Our team closed our fundraising round in November 2021 and we are building out the team that will ride this wave of opportunity. There has never been a better opportunity to join a startup where you can have an immediate impact on the environment, national news and truly fix an archaic industry. The supply chain crisis is estimated to last until 2024 and this industry is estimated to contribute 40% to the world's carbon emissions by 2050. We’re looking for talented, creative, & self-motivated people to stop the above facts
from happening!We’re stoked to meet you.