Customer Support Manager
Lehi, UT, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 7, 2021
At Neighbor, our vision is to bring communities together by solving our neighbors’ biggest challenges.
We’re building the largest hyperlocal marketplace the world has seen. We’ve raised over $65 million from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and the creators of DoorDash, Airbnb, and Uber. Our marketplace is already flourishing in all 50 states and we’re just getting started! To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote after leading Neighbor’s Series A.
We are seeking an experienced Support leader to manage day-to-day operations and develop a long-term strategy to drive a best-in-class Support organization. We need to move fast, scale quickly, and create extraordinary support experiences for our users. The ideal candidate for this role is a hands-on professional, a strategic thinker, and possesses a passion for building customer-centric organizations.
This is not a remote opportunity. All applicants will be required to work full-time in our Lehi, Utah office.
- Lead Neighbor’s Support team and oversee strategic vision and tactical operations
- Lead and mentor a team of Support Team Leads and Specialists in providing outstanding customer service
- Be a decision-maker and advocate for the team’s development and needs
- Measure and improve the customer satisfaction
- Scale the Support team through both hiring and expanding automation and self-service
- Manage relationships with vendors and BPO partners
- Collaborate with other decision-makers across the company to drive satisfaction through the full customer lifecycle
- Identify product changes that will improve user experience, and work cross-functionally to drive organizational impact
- 3+ years in a Support leadership role, including hiring experience
- 2+ years of experience in a start-up environment or fast growing company
- Experience communicating directly with customers to assess needs and solve issues
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Domain knowledge in the different areas of Support: CSAT, SLA’s, best-practices, Help Center/Knowledge Base, ticket deflection, self-service, etc.
- (Bonus) Experience working at a two-sided marketplace
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Hybrid work model - WFH every Monday
- 401(k) plan
- Infant care leave
- On-site gym/showers open 24/7
Neighbor is a marketplace where people with extra space in /around their home connect with people in need of storage. At 50% the cost of traditional self-storage, Neighbor provides affordable storage to renters and the ability for hosts to monetize unused space. Come help us disrupt the $40 Billion Dollar self-storage industry!
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, VC-backed tech startup. You will be part of a fun, collaborative and inclusive team of innovative, talented, and motivated individuals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Neighbor!