Growth Hacker Marketing Intern
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Lehi, UT, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
At Neighbor, our vision is to bring communities together by solving our neighbors' biggest challenges.
Neighbor is like Airbnb but for storage. We're building the largest hyper-local marketplace the world has seen. We've raised over $65 million from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and the creators of DoorDash, Airbnb, and Uber. Our marketplace is already flourishing in all 50 states and we're just getting started! To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote after leading Neighbor's Series A.
We are searching for multiple Growth Hacker Interns to work 20 hours per week and work directly with our Head of Digital Marketing to drive significant revenue growth and scale a new growth hacking playbook. You'll be responsible for driving leads through creative growth-hacking channels like FB Marketplace, Craigslist, buy/sell apps, classified sites, Facebook groups, industry websites, etc. This role has great potential for driving significant impact and a quickly growing tech company.
"Growth Hacking" is an emerging field within digital marketing. For peer-to-peer marketplaces like Neighbor, Airbnb, and Uber, it is a very critical marketing strategy. It is common for such companies to have large teams dedicated to very specific types of growth hacking. Expert growth hackers have created a niche for themselves and can dedicate their entire career to this domain. Growth hackers tend to have very diverse backgrounds and skills, but are always high-performance individuals who eat, sleep, and breathe the growth mindset. In other industries, Growth Hacking strategies may look very different.
What You'll Do
- Scale a new marketing channel at Neighbor
- Receive daily mentorship from a veteran digital marketing leader
- Generate leads using Growth Hacking strategies- on FB Marketplace, Craigslist, Facebook groups, classifieds sites, etc.
- Partner w/ the sales team to perfect the lead handoff process
- Use ChatGPT and other AI tools to optimize messaging for platform algorithms
- Experiment w/ various channels, processes, marketing strategies to improve channel experience
- Build your channel into an automated revenue-driving machine
- Create weekly reports to communicate the wins & losses of your channels
- Optional: build chatbots or other automation tools, or even hire virtual assistants to further scale & optimize your channel
- Optional: top growth hacking performers may have an opportunity to manage a team of growth hackers
- Optional: partner with Neighbor's "power hosts" (like Superhosts on Airbnb) as an account manager to further grow their presence on Neighbor
- Growth mindset with relentless tenacity to beat goals and drive impact
- Passion for problem-solving
- Strong skillset in operations, process-optimization
- Confidence in basic data analysis, reporting, using spreadsheets, etc.
- High comfort level using data to optimize for business growth
- Familiarity with ChatGPT or other AI tools
- Exceptionally strong work ethic to push through adversity
- Discipline to work alone & drive results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep passion for learning in a fast-paced startup environment
- Willingness to work a few hours per week from Neighbor's Lehi, UT HQ (partial remote work is allowed)
- Start the first week of December 2023-April 2024.