SMB Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Lehi, UT, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
At Neighbor, our vision is to bring communities together by solving our neighbors’ biggest challenges. We’re building the largest hyper-local marketplace the world has seen. We’ve raised over $65 million from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and the creators of DoorDash, Airbnb, and Uber. Our marketplace is already flourishing in all 50 states and we’re just getting started! To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote after leading Neighbor’s Series A.
As an SMB Account Executive at Neighbor you’ll be responsible for generating new business for our up-and-coming clients. You will ensure customer satisfaction, nationwide adoption, and effectively demonstrate to each client the value they receive by utilizing Neighbor’s Commercial Marketplace. You will also be responsible for renewing and expanding accounts within your portfolio. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in ambiguity, can negotiate contracts effectively, and iterate on business strategies to deliver exponential growth. This role will also work closely with Sales, Customer Support, Product, Marketing, and Engineering to ensure clients’ needs are met.
What You'll Do
- Establish, build, and own relationships between Neighbor and senior executives of the client and prospect companies
- Generate new leads through prospecting, cold calling, marketing, and events.
- Develop and execute demand generation campaigns, create content for social media campaigns, and partner with PR on trade shows and events where Neighbor has speaking opportunities
- Accurately forecast deals closing and participate in our sales leadership meetings to drive performance growth
- Develop clear positioning for the client that will differentiate Neighbor in a competitive market and establish Neighbor as the #1 storage and parking provider in the world
- Present demonstrations to prospects at all levels (such as Finance, In House Commercial Brokerages, Real Estate Managers, Operations, Executive Team, etc) by highlighting value propositions, competitive advantages, and business terms
- Facilitate contract negotiations and close sales
- Close and manage accounts that generate $50-$100k in GMV annually.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 1+ years experience in Strategic Sales in a software/SaaS-based environment
- Proven success as a thought leader with a growth mindset to quickly learn and adapt new products into your customers business strategy
- Experience using analytical, account management, and productivity tools including Domo, HubSpot, Zoominfo, and Google Suite among others
- Ability to acquire clients, negotiate contracts, and sell Neighbor’s services to executives
- Preferred knowledge of real estate transactions, working with commercial brokers, and the ability to understand and review commercial leases
- High level of comfort working in a startup environment: fast-paced, ambiguous, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to solving tough problems
- Place a high value on social and human relationships, including the desire to relocate to and work from our Lehi, UT HQ.
- Generous Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Hybrid work model - WFH every Monday
- 401(k) plan
- Infant care leave
- On-site gym/showers open 24/7
Neighbor is a marketplace where people with extra space in and around their home connect with people in need of storage. At 50% the cost of traditional self-storage, Neighbor provides affordable storage to renters and the ability for hosts to monetize unused space. Come help us disrupt the $40 Billion Dollar self-storage industry! This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, VC-backed tech startup. You will be part of a fun, collaborative and inclusive team of innovative, talented, and motivated individuals.
Neighbor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Neighbor!