Customer Support Specialist
Lehi, UT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2020
At Neighbor, our vision is to bring communities together by solving our neighbors’ biggest challenges.
We’re building the largest hyperlocal marketplace the world has seen. We’ve raised over $65 million from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and the creators of DoorDash, Airbnb, and Uber. Our marketplace is already flourishing in all 50 states and we’re just getting started! To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote after leading Neighbor’s Series A.
We are looking for phenomenal individuals to help to solve our Neighbors’ biggest challenges. As a Customer Success Specialist, you will engage directly with our renters, hosts, and internal team members in the pursuit of creating an exceptional customer experience. As a primary point of contact, you will field inbound calls, emails, and chats, as well as proactively communicate with our customers to ensure success. Ideal candidates will be confident and comfortable with verbal and written communication.
- Resolve inbound customer care issues via online chat, email, and phone including resolving payment issues, handling advanced customer situations such as eviction, answering general questions
- Assist renters in finding suitable spaces from existing inventory
- Coordinate with hosts to resolve pending, canceled, and declined renter reservations
- Optimize storage supply to maintain an accurate and high-quality inventory including personally contacting hosts to complete their draft listings, scheduling photo appointments, improving their listing description, and updating their personal profile
- Understand and communicate platform functionality and processes to customers
- Help shape the culture of Neighbor and the Customer Success organization
- Contribute to the ongoing success of the team by sharing knowledge and collaborating with other team members
- Assist in developing customer care systems and processes, as needed
- Improve existing self-help resources by writing online support articles and through creating new customer success materials
- Assist in mapping and coordinating the customer journey via emails, text messages, phone calls, push notifications, and more
- Engage with internal partners to optimize the platform for the customer experience
Process Management, Content Development & Customer Experience:
- Enthusiasm and passion for assisting other people and contributing to the success of a hyper-growth company
- Ability to work without significant oversight in a fast-changing environment
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Personable, professional, and able to talk to customers in a concise, Neighborly manner
- Possess a professional and helpful attitude with excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Hybrid work model - WFH every Monday
- 401(k) plan
- Infant care leave
- On-site gym/showers open 24/7
Neighbor is a marketplace where people with extra space in /around their home connect with people in need of storage. At 50% the cost of traditional self-storage, Neighbor provides affordable storage to renters and the ability for hosts to monetize unused space. Come help us disrupt the $40 Billion Dollar self-storage industry!
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, VC-backed tech startup. You will be part of a fun, collaborative and inclusive team of innovative, talented, and motivated individuals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Neighbor!