Maintenance Technician | Full Time
We’re pioneering a new kind of stay.Mint House combines the classic comfort of home and the modern luxury of a hotel, giving guests all the perks and none of the tradeoffs. We’ve ditched losable key cards, long lines, room service and other relics for the things we miss when we travel—kitchens, groceries, workout routines, and the space to spread out. Every part of the Mint House experience is making your stay personal, predictable and effortless. Our presence spans major U.S. cities like New York, Miami, and Nashville. #staymint
We are looking for a warm, highly motivated and detail oriented Maintenance Technician to join our flagship property in NYC. This Maintenance Technician will support our property operations by performing preventative maintenance, resolve guest repair requests, and work in a team environment by leading with our motto "helping each other so we can help our guests".
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance work to ensure that our property is maintained according to established quality and sustainability standards while treating guests in a warm and friendly manner
- Replace basic electrical fixtures, perform minor plumbing functions, and assemble furniture
- Assist with day to day operations with the direction from the Operations Manager
- Respond and resolve guest repair requests in a timely manner and focus on guest satisfaction scores
- Stay accessible and communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the Operations Manager and on-site staff
- Workday shifts may include working on holidays and weekends based on hotel needs
- This position will require standing for extended periods and lifting up to 50 pounds for potential inventory drop off
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 1+ year of maintenance experience in any environment; previously worked at a hotel or property is a plus
- You are willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Understand the importance of attention to detail and effective communication
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a customer service mentality
- Embody our core values: gritty, adaptable, and stress tolerant
Hourly Rate: $29.00 USD
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.
Mint House participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.