We’re pioneering a new kind of stay.Mint House combines the classic comfort of home and the modern luxury of a hotel, giving guests all the perks and none of the tradeoffs. We’ve ditched losable key cards, long lines, room service and other relics for the things we miss when we travel—kitchens, groceries, workout routines, and the space to spread out. Every part of the Mint House experience is making your stay personal, predictable and effortless. Our presence spans major U.S. cities like New York, Miami, and Nashville. #staymint
Reporting directly to the SVP of Finance, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the preparation of financial statements that adhere to regulatory and accounting guidelines. Your responsibilities will encompass a range of tasks, including close review, reconciliations, ad hoc tasks, property audits, tax compliance, flux analysis, inter-company reconciliation, and collaboration across departments and in our 10+ locations. The successful candidate must be a stellar people manager who understands the high velocity of needs in the hotel industry.
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Provide leadership, guidance and support on all aspects of accounting which includes month end close, reporting, billing, tax, and technical accounting topics
- Lead preparation of financial statements and disclosures in compliance with accounting principles and requirements
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for external stakeholders and assist in budget or forecast preparation
- Coordinate with external auditors and support the annual audit process; respond to audit inquiries and address any accounting-related issues or findings
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of financial reporting processes while develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure consistency
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances as well as implement and monitor internal controls to mitigate financial reporting risks
- Evaluate and implement accounting policies and the identification of potential financial risks
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience as an Assistant Controller or in a similar position within the hotel industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operational accounting. Previous Big 4 experience preferred.
- Previously managed an accounting team or in a team lead capacity to be a thought leader and coach
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and experience in applying accounting principles to complex transactions
- Experience with financial reporting and consolidation processes; strong understanding of accounting and financial processes, including budgeting, financial closure, and reporting
- Strong attention to detail; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- An excellent colleague and partner. Someone who will get things done while adding to the friendly, productive, focused culture of Mint House
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapid pace of improvement that’s a natural part of an evolving team
- Results oriented, enjoy being hands on and exceptional balance to manage competing priorities
- Concise communication to propose clear and achievable paths forward and comfortable solving problems quickly
- Energy and dedication. Mint House is transforming the traditional hotel model and defining a new category of residential hospitality. The Mint House team believes deeply in this mission and invests the time, energy and effort needed to make it a reality
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.
Mint House participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.