Maintenance Technician | Full Time
Stay with us for a local experience - #staymint
We are excited to welcome a warm, highly motivated, and detail-oriented Maintenance Technician to join our property in downtown. As a Maintenance Technician, you will play a vital role in supporting our property operations by performing preventative maintenance, resolving guest repair requests, and fostering a team environment guided by our motto of "helping each other so we can help our guests." If you have a passion for maintaining a well-kept property, a commitment to delivering exceptional service, and the drive to be part of a collaborative team, we encourage you to apply for the position of Maintenance Technician at Mint House.
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance work to ensure that our property is well-maintained, adhering to established quality and sustainability standards, all while treating our guests in a warm and friendly manner
- Replace basic electrical fixtures, handle minor plumbing tasks, and assist with furniture assembly to keep our property in top-notch condition
- Work collaboratively with the on-site staff under the direction of the Market Lead, contributing to the smooth day-to-day operations of the property
- Respond promptly to guest repair requests, aiming to resolve issues in a timely manner, and placing a strong focus on achieving high guest satisfaction scores
- Stay accessible and maintain effective communication with the Market Lead and on-site staff, providing updates on each day's activities and addressing any challenges that may arise
- Be willing to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays, to meet the needs of the hotel operation
- This position may require standing for extended periods and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds for inventory drop-offs
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Maintenance Experience: Minimum of 1 year of maintenance experience in any environment, with preference given to those who have worked in a hotel or property setting
- Flexibility: Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, to ensure continuous property maintenance
- Attention to Detail: Understanding the importance of attention to detail in carrying out maintenance tasks and communicating effectively with the team
- Customer Service Mindset: Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a customer service-oriented approach when addressing guest repair requests
- Core Values: Embody Mint House's core values of being gritty, adaptable, and stress-tolerant, contributing to a positive and resilient work environment
- Demonstrated honesty, reliability, and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Confidence to take charge and effectively problem solve when needed to address guest needs and concerns
- Comfortable with tech-forward thinking and the use of mobile applications and business systems to enhance guest experiences
- Energy and dedication. Mint House is transforming the traditional hotel model and defining a new category of residential hospitality. The Mint House team believes deeply in this mission and invests the time, energy and effort needed to make it a reality
Hourly Rate: $24.00 USD
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.