Accounts Payable Manager
Stay with us for a local experience - #staymint
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Accounts Payable Manager to join our growing Finance team. You will play a key role during a dynamic period of growth and process transformation. In this role, you will be responsible for taking ownership of various work-streams to work out corporate expenses and balance sheet accounts, and contributing to the development and implementation of accounting and financial reporting processes.
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Support monthly and quarterly close process, including preparing accounts payable related reconciliations and proposing period-end accruals
- Manage the end-to-end accounts payable process, including the accurate and timely processing of invoices and expense reports
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors and suppliers; Address and resolve inquiries and discrepancies in a timely and professional manner
- Manage employee and corporate card expense process and ensure compliance with company policy
- Generate and analyze reports to provide insights into payables and cash flow
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure timely and accurate payment processing.
- Continuously create improvements to our processes
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of collections/account receivables experience
- Proven experience in accounts payable, preferably within the hospitality industry
- Impulse to be the first to tackle a problem
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in Excel and familiarity with accounting software
- Capable of managing a variety of tasks and effectively assessing the priority and urgency of each
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.