Director of Finance and Strategy
Stay with us for a local experience - #staymint
The Director of Finance and Strategy will be instrumental in propelling our corporate development efforts, executing high-impact strategic initiatives, and identifying growth opportunities that will drive our organization to new heights. The dynamic responsibilities will encompass a diverse spectrum of tasks, including spearheading critical strategic work such as board reporting, fundraising endeavors, and the management of key cross-functional initiatives. Additionally, the Director will provide essential support to our core functional teams, enabling them to successfully scale new Mint House properties and initiatives. While we offer remote flexibility, we require our Finance team to be NYC based.
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Develop and maintain comprehensive financial models to support decision-making and long-term planning
- Manipulate financial models and create frameworks to evaluate investment opportunities and potential scenarios
- Prepare annual budgets for all 10+ property operations, in collaboration with department heads and senior management
- Take ownership of budgeting for external teams, ensuring alignment with the company's financial goals and strategy
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and refine Mint House's overall corporate strategy, evaluate potential inorganic growth opportunities, execute on process and systems automation with operational teams of strategic initiatives
- Help develop and execute partnerships, and other strategic transactions to drive growth and profitability
- Evaluate potential growth opportunity and be in charge of thorough due diligence on assessing their financial performance, market position, and growth prospects
- Conduct in-depth market research and analysis to identify industry trends, competitive landscape, and potential risks or opportunities for the company
- Review cross functional evaluation of deal underwritings to achieve favorable outcomes for Mint House
- Analyze financial statements, perform valuation analyses, and assess investment risks to support decision-making processes
- Provide recommendations for optimizing financial performance and maximizing shareholder value
- Core partnerships with the finance and product teams to constantly improve internal systems, processes, and procedures
- Assist in preparing investment memos and presentations for senior management and external stakeholders
- Address ad-hoc leadership questions and short term needs, while balancing long term initiatives
- Identify and evaluate potential strategic partners and alliances to enhance Mint House's market position and service offerings
- Act as a key liaison between strategy and other departments to facilitate seamless execution of strategies
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field; knowledge of the hospitality or real estate industry is highly preferred
- 5 -7 years of experience in investment banking or strategic finance
- Strong financial acumen and proficiency in financial modeling, strategy, and operations
- Top-notch Excel and PowerPoint skills with the ability to present recommendations and results at an executive or board level
- You are comfortable wearing multiple hats - Demonstrated track record of handling complex projects and delivering results
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and projects
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results oriented, enjoy being hands on and exceptional balance to manage competing priorities
- Concise communication to propose clear and achievable paths forward and comfortable solving problems quickly
- Energy and dedication. Mint House is transforming the traditional hotel model and defining a new category of residential hospitality. The Mint House team believes deeply in this mission and invests the time, energy and effort needed to make it a reality
Compensation Range: $145,000 - $175,000
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.