Houseperson | Part Time
Stay with us for a local experience - #staymint
Housekeeping is the backbone of our success and play a crucial role in maintaining the highest cleanliness and quality standards. Your primary responsibility as a Houseperson will be to support the housekeeping team with unit inspections and ensuring the efficient turnover of rooms. By replenishing housekeeping supplies and attending to guest area maintenance, you will contribute to maintaining the highest cleanliness and presentation standards in guest areas and public spaces. Your dedication to detail and quick response to housekeeping needs will help elevate the overall guest experience and ensure that each stay is memorable.
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Conduct thorough unit inspections to ensure that all guest rooms and areas meet or exceed established cleanliness and quality standards before guest check-ins
- Assist the housekeeping team in replenishing supplies, linens, and amenities to expedite room turnovers and maintain efficient operations
- Regularly inspect and maintain the cleanliness and presentation of guest areas and public spaces, including hallways, elevators, and common areas
- Work closely with the housekeeping team to ensure quick and efficient room turnovers, contributing to a positive guest experience
- Identify and report any maintenance issues or safety concerns promptly, taking the initiative to address them or escalate to the appropriate team
- Collaborate effectively with the housekeeping team, front desk, and maintenance to ensure seamless communication and operations
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail in cleaning and maintaining guest areas, leaving no stone unturned in ensuring guest satisfaction
- Maintain a guest-centric approach, promptly responding to guest requests and taking actions to enhance their experience during their stay
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience in housekeeping or a related role within the hospitality industry is preferred
- A meticulous approach to cleaning and maintenance tasks, ensuring a consistently high standard of cleanliness
- A collaborative and helpful attitude, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A proactive and solution-oriented approach, identifying and addressing issues before they become larger concerns.
- The ability to manage time efficiently, prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines and contribute to quick room turnovers
- A dedication to providing exceptional guest experiences and going the extra mile to exceed guest expectations
- The capability to handle physically demanding tasks, including lifting and moving housekeeping supplies and equipment
- Comfortable using technology and software systems relevant to housekeeping and property management
- Embody Mint House's core values of being gritty, adaptable, and stress-tolerant
- Confidence to take charge and effectively problem solve when needed to address guest needs and concerns
- Comfortable with tech-forward thinking and the use of mobile applications and business systems to enhance guest experiences
- Energy and dedication. Mint House is transforming the traditional hotel model and defining a new category of residential hospitality. The Mint House team believes deeply in this mission and invests the time, energy and effort needed to make it a reality
Hourly Rate: $17.00 USD
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.