Director of Hotel Revenue Management | NYC
As the Revenue Manager at Mint House, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the long-term success of our flagship property, Mint House at 70 Pine - NYC, and another key market. Collaborating closely with the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and our on-site leadership team, you will spearhead the development and recommendation of optimal room rates and availability strategies. These strategies will be vital in achieving the perfect balance of business across a diverse array of distribution channels, encompassing online platforms (OTAs and Airbnb) and commercial channels (GDS). Leveraging your robust analytical skills, you will craft models, compile insightful reports, and conduct comprehensive analyses to drive strategic decision-making.
This role is required to be onsite at Mint House at 70 Pine - NYC 5x a week until fully ramped. Will move to hybrid / flexible model
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Actively monitor and analyze price and revenue data across multiple properties and markets to maximize room revenue, profit, and market share
- Utilize Stayntouch and other tools to manage property performance and monitor Net Operating Income (NOI) and implement strategies to optimize it
- Take responsibility for preparing and delivering slides and presentations during ownership meetings and present revenue - related updates and strategies
- Collaborate with the sales team to quote rates and packages for potential guests and clients covering long-stay pricing, group pricing, negotiated rates, etc
- Ensure competitive pricing strategies to maximize revenue and occupancy
- Create and manage rate plans and ensure accurate dissemination of rate plan information across various distribution channels
- Provide weekly and monthly STR reports to team, for forecasting and strategic pricing decision-making
- Work alongside the Operations team to oversee room status and ensure proper maintenance for same-day reservations
- Undertake reporting functions related to competitive analysis, price positioning, seasonality, and market mix. Participate in ad-hoc reporting efforts
- Showcase problem-solving abilities by identifying challenges in revenue management and proposing effective solutions
- Foster a culture of innovation by bringing new ideas and thinking out of the box for pricing strategies within our portfolio
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4-6 years of experience in a hotel or travel related Revenue Management, multi-property hotel revenue management experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present data effectively, extracting meaningful insights to shape pricing decisions and revenue optimization strategies
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and familiarity with online booking channels and pricing tools
- Experience with Revenue Management Systems and iHotelier is a strong advantage
- Curiosity-driven, with a knack for asking pertinent questions, thinking creatively, and actively listening
- A collaborative team player, responsive and adaptable to the entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive by nature, able to make decisive decisions when required
- Must be self-directed, self motivated, and very well organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
Compensation range: $75,000 - $90,000 based on experience
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.