Hospitality Associate | Overnight Relief
Our New York hospitality team is the face of Mint House serving a frictionless experience to our guests. As a Hospitality Associate, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our guests have an exceptional experience during their stay. You will support the Market Lead by welcoming guests upon arrival, managing the check-in process, assisting with luggage, and ensuring that our guests love their stay at Mint House. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable hospitality experience and contribute to revolutionizing the hotel experience for modern business travelers.
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Respond promptly to guest requests, issues, and other outreach in real-time to deliver a seamless and delightful experience to our guests
- Conduct arrival inspections and unit departure checks to ensure that all apartments consistently meet or exceed Mint House's brand standards
- Act as a helpful resource in the field to troubleshoot guest issues in real-time and promptly report any guest maintenance concerns or issues during a guest's Mint House stay
- Foster a guest-centric culture to drive exceptional results and create a positive and welcoming environment
- Ensure all guest areas and apartments are well-maintained and inspect appliances and amenities to verify their cleanliness and proper functioning for our guests' comfort
- Master our software systems to assist guests with their stay, reservations, and communication amongst the team effectively
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in hospitality and/or a customer-facing environment, demonstrating your ability to provide exceptional guest service
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to assist with staffing coverage in case of call-outs and openness to working evenings and weekends
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills with significant attention to detail to ensure a seamless guest experience
- Understanding the importance of creating a meaningful experience and bringing that spirit to our guests, ensuring their satisfaction
- Embody Mint House's core values of being gritty, adaptable, and stress-tolerant, contributing to a positive and resilient work environment
- Demonstrated honesty, reliability, and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Confidence to take charge and effectively problem solve when needed to address guest needs and concerns
- Comfortable with tech-forward thinking and the use of mobile applications and business systems to enhance guest experiences
- Energy and dedication. Mint House is transforming the traditional hotel model and defining a new category of residential hospitality. The Mint House team believes deeply in this mission and invests the time, energy and effort needed to make it a reality
Hourly Rate: $28.00-29.00 USD
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.