Housekeeper | Part Time
Housekeeping is the backbone of our success, and as part of our Housekeeping at Mint House, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the highest cleanliness and quality standards to ensure a seamless experience for our guests. Your responsibilities will involve cleaning and servicing assigned apartments and areas, restocking apartments with essential items, and ensuring all guest areas are well-maintained and inspected for functionality. You will need to be adaptable to a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, as directed by the Market Lead. Please note that Mint House properties are tech-forwarded, and the use of a mobile device is essential to excel in this role.
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Perform housekeeping duties according to Mint House standards and procedures, which include making beds, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, trash/recycle removal, and cleaning kitchens, refrigerators, microwaves, and running dishes, glasses, and flatware through the dishwasher
- Ensure apartments are restocked with various bathroom, kitchen, and apartment items, as well as branded Mint House collateral
- Carefully inspect and verify the cleanliness and functionality of appliances and amenities in guest areas and apartments to guarantee a comfortable stay for our guests
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities while minimizing waste throughout all areas of housekeeping operations
- Report any damages, deficits, disturbances, or potential improvements on Mint House property to the Property Manager promptly
- Protect and maintain housekeeping equipment, ensuring there are no inadequacies in their functioning
- Responsible for reporting, turning in, and logging all lost and found items following established procedures
- Handle guest requests and complaints with professionalism, patience, and a problem-solving attitude
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous Housekeeping Experience: Prior experience in a similar environment or knowledge of various cleaning techniques and methods that align with our cleanliness program
- Ability to work multiple shifts and assist with staffing coverage in case of call-outs
- Attention to Detail: Strong organizational skills and significant attention to detail to maintain high cleanliness standards
- Capability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance, along with the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated honesty and reliability, with the capacity to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Openness to work on holidays and weekends, as well as travel to various locations distributed throughout the market
- Regular access to reliable transportation on a daily basis when working
- Energy and dedication. Mint House is transforming the traditional hotel model and defining a new category of residential hospitality. The Mint House team believes deeply in this mission and invests the time, energy and effort needed to make it a reality
Hourly Rate: $15.50 USD
Perks and Benefits:
- Employee assistance program
- Employee Referral program
- Commuter Benefits
- Voluntary Term Life insurance
- Other voluntary benefits, including Short-Term Disability, Critical Illness, AD&D, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Accident Insurance, and MetLife Legal Plans
- Retirement plan
- Paid Sick Leave, all employees accrue 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked
- 2 free nights at any Mint House location & discounts all year long!
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.