As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth by implementing effective sales strategies and forging strong relationships with clients and partners. With our prime location and exceptional guest services, we aim to provide an unforgettable experience for all our visitors. Your primary focus will be on attracting corporate clients, group bookings, extended stay guests, and fostering long-term guest loyalty. You will lead a team of sales professionals to achieve revenue targets and deliver exceptional customer service.
We require this person to be based in Denver, Colorado and work on-site at least three times a week.
AT MINT HOUSE YOU WILL
- Develop and execute comprehensive sales strategies to increase hotel revenue and achieve sales targets
- Proactively target and acquire corporate clients for business travel and events while building and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers to secure long-term partnerships
- Negotiate contracts and rates with clients to ensure profitable and mutually beneficial agreements
- Cultivate strong relationships with guests, corporate clients, and partners to drive repeat business and foster loyalty
- Communicate value proposition of Mint House’s portfolio as the preferred accommodation for short and extended stays that align with corporate client needs and requirements for stays and events
- Develop lasting, positive and productive relationships - securing referrals and testimonials that lead to new business opportunities
- Continue to build a distinctive brand and strengthen relationships in our growing market
- Negotiate contract terms and create long term relationships for recurring bookings and loyalty
- Partner with Revenue Management to ensure our extended stay, group, and business transient segment competitive within market
- Participate in weekly meetings with the broader sales team to discuss brand positioning, forecasting, and all aspects of the sales process to build out Mint House’s footprint
- Conduct sales tours at our Mint House downtown property and attend resident and client events
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience as a Sales Manager or in a similar sales role within the hospitality industry, with a focus on hotels or resorts
- In-depth knowledge of the Denver, Colorado market and an established network of corporate clients and industry contacts
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Analytical mindset with the ability to analyze sales data, market trends, and financial reports
- Proactive, results-driven, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience with OTA extranets (Expedia, Booking.com, Airbnb), OTA Insights, STR, Agency360, or open to learning new systems and sales enablement tools
- Energy and dedication. Mint House is transforming the traditional hotel model and defining a new category of residential hospitality. The Mint House team believes deeply in this mission and invests the time, energy and effort needed to make it a reality
- You’re known to rise to the challenge and are goal-driven strategy setter
Salary: $75,000 with Quarterly Incentive Plan
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Paid Vacation, eligible employees receive up to 20 days of accrued days per year
- Paid Sick Leave, all employees accrue 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked
- 9 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company provided MacBook or Lenovo laptop
- Employee discount on Mint House bookings & 2 complimentary stays
- Retirement Plan and Equity for Eligible Employees
- Paid Parental Leave, up to 12 weeks at 100% pay for primary caregivers
- Complimentary access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral program
- Medical and Dependent Flexible spending account, Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Health savings account
- Company provided basic Life insurance
- Company provided basic Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education/Professional Development Reimbursement
- Other voluntary benefits, including Short-Term Disability, Term Life Insurance, Critical Illness, AD&D, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Accident Insurance, and MetLife Legal Plans
Mint Houses' compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of fostering inclusivity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in fresh mints near the middle of our listed compensation bands and lead with the best overall compensation package (i.e. all people hired at the same experience & level are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). Our Talent team will work with you and can provide more details on our philosophy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
New York City is where we call home. Our HQ office is located in Midtown Manhattan neighboring Time Square attractions. Regardless of where our employees are based, we work on east coast hours to collaborate, communicate, and not miss out on any fun emoji exchanges. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when we're moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack.