Sanitation Associate - Weekday Nights or Weekend Nights
The Sanitation Associate will conduct day-to-day sanitation activities promoting a sanitary/safe workplace. The associate is responsible for functioning as a team member of the sanitation team to maintain high standards for the plant food safety program and sanitation group. Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest personnel safety, food safety, and quality, cost and GMP standards in a manufacturing environment. Work at Meati Foods is fast paced and provides an exceptional amount of hands-on experience, responsibilities, and exposure. This position is not a remote position and is required to be onsite.
- Responsible for ensuring proper sanitation is achieved and required documentation is completed
- Sanitation Associate will receive training in safety, proper cleaning methods and chemical usage
- Committed to proper GMPs, documented/approved sanitation practices and the use of personal protective equipment
- Responsible for ensuring the facility is in compliance with sanitation standards at all times
- Assures plant compliance with sanitary standards, personnel safety, food safety and quality
- Ensures all building environmental cleaning is accomplished according to cleaning schedules.
- Ensures the cleaning of the common areas and restocks these areas with supplies as needed.
- Performs duties as assigned from Master Cleaning Sanitation Program. Keep accurate records of cleanings performed in a daily basis
- Follow food processing sanitation/ hygiene, hazardous material and right to know information for all chemicals and supplies used in sanitation program. Follow MSDS.
- Follow Lock Out/ Tag Out and confined spaces policy and procedures.
- Monitor all pest exclusion requirements to prevent the entrance to the plant of pests.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Food Plant sanitation experience required.
- Background regarding sanitation, chemical usage and documentation and associated PPE
- Highly motivated, hardworking individual who enjoys working on a team, possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and an obsessive commitment to customer safety, service, quality, and consistency.
- 1-3 years of sanitation experience
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-moving organization
- Must be able to accurately document information
- Highly motivated, hardworking individual who enjoys working as a team, possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and an obsessive commitment to employee safety, service, quality, and consistency.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the confidence/competence to make independent decisions
- We require proof of Covid vaccination as a condition for employment.
Must have the endurance to frequently lift and move 10-50 pounds, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, do-a-barrel-roll, bend, talk, hear, see, and operate controls in operational and administrative situations. Must be able to stand for periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body and walk
$20.50/hour base compensation + $6/hour shift differential = $26.50/hour total compensation
Friday – Sunday, 3 - 12-hour days, shift start time is approximately 6:00am
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Meati.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..