Facilities and Utilities Technician
We are looking for an exceptional Facilities and Utilities Technician to join our world class manufacturing facility here at Meati. Our brand new 100,000 sq ft facility is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and systems. You will be maintaining the utility, mechanical, and electrical systems as well as our newly commissioned boiler systems. As the subject matter expert for the equipment, you will be a key resource for resolving issues, troubleshooting, and ensuring everything is operating at peak performance. We are seeking someone passionate about collaborating with and providing support to colleagues cross-functionally, while also being able to solve problems under pressure. If you have a knack for detail and an eye for opportunity, this is the perfect role for you. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact!
- Assist with projects outside the boiler room such as preventative and predictive maintenance techniques and equipment rebuilds/repairs
- Ensure continuous operations of steam boilers
- Work with air compressors, HVAC units, cooling towers, water pumping systems and facility infrastructure
- Perform water quality testing for boiler and in-feed water
- Operate and troubleshoot utility, mechanical, and electrical systems with minimal production downtime and callbacks on equipment
- Keep service and repair logs and promote efficiency
- Maintain communication with customers or outside organizations
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- MUST BE OPEN TO ALL SHIFTS
- 4+ years' experience with high pressure boilers or industrial maintenance in a manufacturing facility, military, or related environment
- Must possess or be willing and able to obtain Denver Class A Boilers License or Denver Stationary Engineer License
- Hands-on experience with HVAC, air compressors, vacuum pumps, fire suppression systems, pumps, and/or cooling towers
- Willing to work PM shift 6 pm - 6:30 am
- Experience in the CPG or food manufacturing industry
- Mechanical engineering experience or familiarity with mechanical engineering principles
In this role, you will work on a rotating 12-hour 2-3-2 schedule, this would not entail rotating day and night shifts. Meati is committed to re-imagining manufacturing and providing a schedule that allows our employees to maintain a great work-life balance while driving amazing results when on-site. This schedule rotation will give you a combination of weekdays and weekends off to balance time with family and friends as well as those sought after weekdays to enjoy the Colorado outdoors without all the crowds. We will expect that you flex your hours on your assigned days to ensure that you’re covering the business and spending adequate time with each shift.
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.**
Hourly rate based on level of experience:
$35.50 (Level 1) | $37.50 (Level 2) | $39.50 (Level 3) | $41.50 (Level 4), plus $2 per hour shift differential for working every other weekend.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..