Scientist Process Development
The Scientist Process Development will be working within the fermentation R&D team to carry out experiments that further Meati's production goals. The position requires knowledge of physiology and fermentation, preferably with fungal organisms, as well agitation, aeration, mass transfer in industrial settings. This Process development Scientist may be responsible for several projects at a time and the position will require excellent communication and time management skills. The scientist will work with junior staff to carry out experiments on a weekly basis.
- Participate, run and propose projects in the process development group and liaise with key internal stakeholders from concept to lab and product commercialization through a stage gated process.
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and communicate data to key stakeholders and account for records electronically.
- Mentor junior staff to meet projects goals based on technology and business roadmaps.
- Familiarity with project management and the stage-gate process.
- Maintaining experimental records, SOP’s and reports
- Responsible for safe work procedures in all processes while maintaining a safe work environment in the lab.
- MSc + 7 years' experience or a PhD and 2 years' experience in a relevant field. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience and applied knowledge of industrial fermentation.
- Experienced in aerobic fermentation, preferably with fungal organisms
- Ability to learn quickly, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- High attention to detail, dedicated to a high caliber of work performance.
- Advanced knowledge in required software and analysis methods (JMP, SAS, DOE)
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.**
The base salary range for this role is $78,000 to $88,000 annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..