Food Production Technician / Food Production Associate
The Food Production Technician will work in a food manufacturing/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment to carry out daily activities, including but not limited to processing in-process products and packaging of finished products, sanitation, and working with the team to carry out daily and weekly goals. This employee will process products from raw materials to finished goods, working with their hands and operating food processing/packaging equipment. Through our Technical Operator model, employees will be able to learn how to operate in all critical areas of the plant, including (fermentation, food processing, maintenance, sanitation, laboratories, and warehouses.
- Food handling, processing, and packaging following standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Assists with the assembly, processing, and packaging of Meati products.
- Performs start-up/shutdown of production equipment and conducts sanitation procedures on equipment and workspace as scheduled.
- Ensures work areas are clean and organized and always adheres to applicable safety rules.
- Checks and maintains production schedules, running orders, and formulas.
- Scales, stages, and mixes ingredients according to standard operating procedures.
- Monitors/conducts in-process tests and checks and finishes product tests to ensure that the product meets company standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on food production equipment, including inspections, lubrication, valve/sensor troubleshooting, and routine replacements (filters, gaskets, diaphragms, etc.).
- Previous experience in food production or other industries following good manufacturing practices is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly, work well with others and participate in a team.
- High attention to detail, dedicated to a high caliber of work performance.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (12-hour shifts) and lift 50lbs.
The Work Schedule:
Meati is committed to re-imagining manufacturing and providing a schedule that allows our employees to maintain a great work-life balance while driving amazing results when on-site. In this role, you will work on a 12-hour, rotating 3x4, 4x3 schedule. The team will be comprised of 4 rotations, so that your days off are truly yours.
The starting wage for this role is $20.50-24.50 hourly, with opportunities to increase compensation to up to $28.50 through a level progression program. Additionally, Meati provides shift differential pay for individuals schedule to work nights (+$2 an hour) or weekends (+$4 an hour), and weekend nights (+$6 and hour). In addition to the hourly wage, this position is eligible for a potential quarterly bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..