Senior Engineer, Manufacturing
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods was founded on the principle that finding the right protein should be easy and consumers should never have to choose between health, taste, or the environment. Our team is passionate about making the world a better place from a nutritional, mental, and environmental perspective. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, and inclusive place to work. Meati Foods is looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. Manufacturing Engineers lead our efforts to identify and drive out losses through standards and system development. They support the daily activities of the production line and/or processing areas, and build long term capability into their area, systems, and technicians.
This role reports to the Director, Maintenance and Reliability and works out of Meati’s manufacturing facility in Thornton, Colorado.
- Identify, prioritize, analyze, and eliminate the losses and inefficiencies that are most impactful
- Be responsible for the delivery and start-up new equipment, initiatives, and projects
- Collaborate with technical experts, other functions, and other manufacturing personnel such as line lead and maintenance lead to create the best solutions
- Create learning programs and coach and train technicians
- Create and improve standards to enable us to achieve the performance targets for the production line
- Understand and work with manufacturing and automated equipment
- Serve as the voice of operations for engineering decisions
- BS/MS degree in Engineering. We prefer Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering, though we may also consider other engineering.
- 5+ Years of Manufacturing Experience
- Data Driven skillset with the ability to write project plans and execute them
- Experience in CPG or Food Manufacturing on the packaging side
- The ability to communicate and be responsible for major KPIs related to production efficiency and yield
- You are an honest collaborator who thrives on sharing their knowledge and taking in the experiences of others; an excellent communicator, who can work effectively with all.
- Innovative and creative critical thinker with an analytical mindset and strong critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, and possessing the ability to roll with the punches in a fast-moving, fast-growing, start-up environment.
- A servant leadership mindset to support everyone on your team to achieve maximum performance and growth for the organization.
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. **
Additional Information & Requirements:
- This is a full-time regular position on a 3x2x2 schedule based out of our Thornton, CO location and may have occasional travel to other other Meati manufacturing sites. Meati may agree to provide assistance to those relocating for this role.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Meati may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with required skills for this job.
The base salary range for this role is $86,000 to $115,000/annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..