Join our mission to provide nutritious, affordable food for all. Be a part of a team that takes pride in making climate friendly, nutrient-dense alt-proteins from Mycelium- the muscular root structure of mushrooms. You’ll lead a team of maintenance techs and perform day to day maintenance, repair, and equipment troubleshooting including the following major tasks and responsibilities:
- Diagnose, inspect, and repair complex interrelated process machinery in a sanitary food manufacturing environment.
- Trains other non-Maintenance technical operators on basic troubleshooting activities.
- Provides preventative maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities with mechanical, pneumatic, steam, and basic electrical skills.
- Responds to equipment breakdowns and emergency repairs to maintain production equipment in a full safe working capacity.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Consistently follow food safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintains compliance with SQF standards and use of appropriate PPE and meet all EH&S requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Maintenance and Food Manufacturing Industry experience preferred.
- Highly motivated, hardworking individual who enjoy working as a team, possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and an obsessive commitment to customer safety, service, quality, and consistency.
- Must have a strong mechanical intuition and be proficient with hand tools and repair techniques.
- Ability to work at height with proper fall protection equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload efficiently with and without assistance and oversight.
- Ability to work in wide range of environments, including range of temperatures with proper PPE and safe practices when required.
- Must have basic math and computer skills including email communication, and ability to use computer-based maintenance work order scheduling systems and reporting.
- Must be able to stand for periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body and walk.
- Sufficient mobility and dexterity to safely and properly use hand and power tools.
The Work Schedule:
Meati is committed to re-imagining manufacturing and providing a schedule that allows our employees to maintain a great work-life balance while driving amazing results when on-site. In this role, you will work on a 12-hour, rotating 3x4, 4x3 schedule. The team will be comprised of 4 rotations, so that your days off are truly yours.
The starting wage for this role is $35.50 hourly, with opportunities to increase compensation to up to $39.50 through a level progression program. Additionally, Meati provides shift differential pay for individuals schedule to work nights (+$2 an hour), weekends (+$4 an hour), and weekend nights (+$6 an hour). In addition to the hourly wage, this position is eligible for a potential quarterly bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..
Something looks off?