Certified Lactation Consultant - Level 1
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Mahmee is on a mission to make the United States the best place in the world to give birth by providing wraparound pregnancy and postpartum care that treats the whole you, at a transparent monthly price. Our vision is equitable access to comprehensive maternal and infant healthcare for all. Mahmee is backed by some of the most well-known venture capital investors in the world, including Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Mark Cuban, Serena Williams, and Arlan Hamilton, among others.
We provide lactation support services 7 days a week. This role will primarily be Monday-Friday, however, all Consultants on the team are expected to work at least one weekend during a calendar month, and will have days off during the week when they are scheduled to work that weekend. The Lactation Consultant will be expected to work for the duration of the agreed-upon shift without interruption and will provide in-home and in-office services to any patients, as assigned, regardless of physical location in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
Willingness to drive around the Greater Los Angeles Area to visit patients at home or in-office (through one of the company’s pediatric office partnerships) is a requirement of this role.
The company will provide complete PPE gear and cleaning supplies to employee, and all clinical staff are required to receive a Covid-19 Vaccine. The company also provides paid leave for employees who are ill or in need of time to care for ill family members.
The goal of this role is to deliver knowledge and compassionate, concierge-quality care to all patients on our Mahmee platform.
To accomplish this goal, you’ll need knowledge in:
- Latching and positioning a newborn baby through the first year of life
- Designing and reviewing treatment plans for basic lactation concerns
- Pumping education and ability to review plans with parents
You must have all of these skills:
- Experience solving lactation challenges for low risk parents
- Prior experience with referrals
- Prior knowledge of using lactation-supporting equipment
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing lactation support for low and moderate risk mothers and their infants in the office, virtual and home setting for newborn babies through the first year of life
- Knowing when to escalate care to the next level consultant on duty or manager
- Initial messaging and follow-up support via the Mahmee app
- Using lactation support equipment as needed
- Reviewing pumping education with parents
- Teaching lactation related classes
- Facilitating lactation related support groups
- Performing transcutaneous bili readings and reports findings to physician offices to get physician orders
Your Benefits Package
- Competitive pay plus stock options
- Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules
- Paid time off, including national holidays and your birthday
- Health, dental and vision coverage, plus 401(k) and life insurance
Mahmee’s Commitment as an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mahmee values diverse experiences. If you have important skills that we haven't listed here, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us more about your unique expertise. Just like we fight for equitable access to healthcare, we also stand for equitable access to career opportunity. Inclusive hiring is incredibly important to our organization, and we welcome individuals of all cultural backgrounds and experiences to apply to our open positions. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
See more open positions at Mahmee
Something looks off?