Network Software Engineer
As a Network Software Engineer at Lynk, you will be an integral part of the software development team and contribute to the design, development, integration, and testing of the end-to-end network applications across multiple 3GPP technologies and nodes. In addition, you will be responsible for writing and implementing software that serves as the backbone of interconnects to establish the world’s first 3GPP NTN infrastructure (i.e., space-based cellular network).
If you enjoy the challenge of wearing many hats and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems, then we look forward to meeting you!
As a Network Software Engineer, your core responsibilities are as follows.
- Design and implement network protocols for space-based cellular networks
- Design and implement network software for signaling and O&M operations
- Design and implementation of software testing system
General Qualifications (Required):
- Experience developing software for 2G and/or LTE networks.
- Protocol stack implementation, testing, and quality assurance experience.
- Strong knowledge of one wireless networking technology (GSM, GPRS, LTE, and/or 5G standards, access and core network protocols, and end-to-end network applications).
- Strong knowledge in core network function blocks, CM, MM, Authentication, HRL, and VLR.
- Understanding of messaging applications and call processing across the telecom network nodes.
- Prior hands-on experience implementing core network protocol stacks or network applications, ability to code across the full stack, strong Linux administration, including scripting.
- Open-source tools development, implementation, and/or collaboration experience and source code control systems (Git/GitLab).
- Experience with C/C++, Python, and debugging tools.
Specific Qualifications (Desired):
- Strong modern C++ coding and advanced design patterns.
- Strong debugging skills (gdb, valgrind, etc.)
- Socket and multithreaded programming
- Distributed architecture
- Experience with end-to-end system integration and deployment of wireless network systems, including GSM, 4G/LTE, or 5G
- Experience with mobility management and handover procedures.
- Radio resource management
- SS7, SIGTRAN, GSM, VLR, HLR, MSC, SMSC, Billing, CAMEL, GPRS
- UMTS, RNC, Node-B
- LTE Uu interface, eNodeB, MME, HSS, Diameter, PDN-GW
- VoLTE, Beamforming, SMS over IMS, MIMO
- Network Security
- Network planning
- SMS over GSM and LTE
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Amazon Cloud Architecture
- Machine Type Communication and IoT
- Roaming: 3G, LTE, and 5GNetwork provisioning and management
- Ability to work in teams
- Strong collaboration
- Positive attitude
Something looks off?