Senior Associate, Ledger ILS Managers
About Ledger Investing
Ledger Investing is a Y Combinator backed insure-tech startup that is transforming the way insurance risks are financed. Today, Ledger is an online marketplace connecting insurance risk to capital, focusing on securitization. Insurance risk originators are able to source capital more efficiently vs. the traditional value-chain. Capital providers gain access to an asset class that is highly diversified vs. most asset classes. Insurance securitization has quickly grown to be a $100 billion market but is limited in scope due to opacity and complexity. Ledger is expanding this market to $1 trillion by building a seamless data pipeline from the policyholder to the capital markets, enabling transparency, and bringing best-in-class analytics and real-time insights to the table. Our recent $75 million Series B round of investment funding has set us up for exponential growth. We are on our way to disrupting the industry by serving as an unparalleled, advantageous marketplace for virtually all types of insurance risks and capital, including traditional reinsurers, institutional investors, and accredited investors.
About the role:
As a Senior Associate within the Ledger ILS Managers team, reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will play a vital role in our Investment Team. In this dynamic role, you will engage in diverse responsibilities, spanning from casualty insurance securitization to asset management. Leverage your proficiency in technology to confront operational data challenges head-on. Join us in transforming insurance risk management.
You will be working on:
- Collaborating with team members to propose and gain approval for investment strategies and initiatives, actively participating in the investment community
- Contributing to the investment process by preparing investment memos and conducting in-depth analysis
- Appling advanced quantitative analysis techniques, utilizing tools such as advanced Excel, Python, Matlab programming, and SQL
- Drive innovation by effectively utilizing technology to streamline financial processes
- Embrace the opportunity to redefine traditional approaches to reinsurance
The following attributes will help you stand out from the crowd:
- Advanced quantitative analysis, advanced Excel, Python, including Matlab programming, and SQL
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Computer Science or related field (Master's, CPA preferred.)
For US based positions:
Ledger Investing is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.