Director Reinsurance Contracting
About Ledger Investing
Ledger Investing is a Y Combinator backed insure-tech startup that is transforming the way insurance risks are financed. Today, Ledger is an online marketplace connecting insurance risk to capital, focusing on securitization. Insurance risk originators are able to source capital more efficiently vs. the traditional value-chain. Capital providers gain access to an asset class that is highly diversified vs. most asset classes. Insurance securitization has quickly grown to be a $100 billion market but is limited in scope due to opacity and complexity. Ledger is expanding this market to $1 trillion by building a seamless data pipeline from the policyholder to the capital markets, enabling transparency, and bringing best-in-class analytics and real-time insights to the table. Our recent $75 million Series B round of investment funding has set us up for exponential growth. We are on our way to disrupting the industry by serving as an unparalleled, advantageous marketplace for virtually all types of insurance risks and capital, including traditional reinsurers, institutional investors, and accredited investors.
About the Team:
Insurance Linked Security (ILS) investors demand the standardization, automation, and contract certainty they are used to in the capital markets. Ledger has a unique opportunity to bring these principles to insurance underwriting, reinsurance structuring, and reinsurance contracting. Our reinsurance and underwriting positions will be directly involved in setting the standard for the future of reinsurance. In this position, you will develop and set the standard for contracting in the insurance securitization market. If this sounds attractive to you, we’d love to have you on our team.
You will be working on:
- Taking lead responsibility for all aspects of securitization contracting, working closely with clients and internally with underwriting, capital markets product, design and engineering
- Negotiating with counter-parties to ensure reinsurance contracts meet economic objectives and regulatory constraints
- Reviewing and approving wording of reinsurance and trust agreements
- Reviewing program management and claims management agreements
- Standardizing contract structures for efficient execution
- Working with product, design and the engineering teams to leverage technology in contracting, i.e., contracting online, menu driven contract construction, executing contracts electronically, etc.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- 10 years of experience in property/casualty reinsurance as cedant or reinsurer
- Ability to draft reinsurance and trust agreements
- Familiarity with market practices and reinsurance terms
- Excellent client management and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams
- Ability to navigate effectively in an environment that is dynamic and uncertain
- Passion and enthusiastic about leveraging technology to innovate and disrupt reinsurance contracting
The following attributes will help you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience working with program managers/MGAs
- Legal and/or (re)insurance regulatory experience (JD preferred)
- Conversant with document management technologies
- Experience working at a start-up (Preferred)
- Competitive salary, bonus potential, and equity compensation
- Work from anywhere. We’re flexible. Our headquarters is in New York, but this position can be fully remote or hybrid.
- Uncapped paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance - multiple plans to choose from
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- ClassPass - We contribute to your monthly membership offering a large range of providers & services in Fitness and Wellness. Get a massage on us!
- Up to $2,000 paid by Ledger towards your dream desk setup! Customize what works for you.
For US based positions:
Ledger Investing is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Something looks off?