Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2024
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
As a structures engineer on the engineering team, you will be responsible for the development, design, analysis, test, and lifecycle of a structural component or system on the Hermeus hypersonic aircraft.
- Cradle to grave ownership of a structural component(s) or system(s)
- Experience with CAD software (NX), FEA (Nastran and Femap) and other engineering analysis tools
- Analysis of the hardware and systems – including hand sizing calculations
- Lead design, integration, and test reviews
- Assist in the development of processes and documentation to support engineering activities
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams to ensure the airframe design meets performance and safety requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- +5 years of experience in an engineering role using CAD and FEA consistently
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.