Vehicle Configuration Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
- Ownership and configuration management of vehicle CAD models in both development and production environments
- Definition of clear communication process between design, manufacturing, and test operations to enure consistent configuration management of the vehicle through all hardware stages
- Ownership of and direct feedback to functional groups regarding hardware interfaces, vehicle design best practices and standards, hardware placement, vehicle envelope, etc.
- Work with manufacturing team to ensure vehicle model is sufficient to ensure accurate and up-to-date vehicle build work instructions
- Ownership of vehicle model information, such as the Mechanical Interface Drawing (MID), mass & MOI definition, etc.
- Works directly with engineering teams as needed to ensure packaging to the vehicle is a success. Ensure that integration & transport tooling, if necessary, will function properly upon install
- Consistent delivery of eBOM to the manufacturing team in intervals that best support development or production efforts based on engineering change. Clear communication of engineering change with forewarning to manufacturing team
- Creation of and maintenance of reuse libraries for engineering teams to leverage in mechanical design
- 5+ years' experience within hardware-focused organizations
- 5+ years' experience working with CAD software, preferably Siemens NX or PTC Creo
- Proficiency in GD&T
- Experience with managing and maintaining top-level large assemblies and models, ensuring consistency, accuracy, and optimal CAD performance throughout the design process
- Experience conducting thorough reviews of top-level assemblies to identify and address any discrepancies, ensuring compliance with design standards and specifications
- Experience operating in ISO 9001 or AS9100 certified organizations desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling personal projects and daily firefighting with CAD issues
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.