Structural Test Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Structural Test Engineer to join our Structures Team. As a Structural Test Engineer at Hermeus, you will be responsible for ensuring the structural integrity and reliability of our cutting-edge aerospace systems and components through rigorous testing, analysis, and validation processes.
- Structural Testing: Plan, design, and execute structural tests to validate the performance and safety of aerospace components and systems
- Test Design: Develop test plans, procedures, and protocols for both static and dynamic structural tests, ensuring they align with project objectives and industry standards
- Test Fixture Design: Develop the rigging and test fixture requirements / design for the various testing conditions
- Test Instrumentation: Develop the plan to instrument test articles to capture the required test data and response
- Data Analysis: Analyze test data to assess the structural performance, stress, and stiffness of components, making recommendations for improvements and refinements. Correlate test data to test predictions
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers and technicians, to ensure effective communication and alignment on testing requirements
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure adherence to all safety protocols and industry standards in structural testing and maintain compliance with relevant regulations
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of test procedures, results, and findings, and contribute to comprehensive technical reports
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement, recommend innovative testing methods, and actively contribute to the enhancement of structural testing capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience in structural testing, particularly in an aerospace or high-performance engineering environment
- Strong knowledge of structural analysis and finite element analysis tools such as FEMAP and NX Simcenter
- Familiarity with CAD tools such as NX
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization tools
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Safety-conscious mindset with a commitment to quality and compliance
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.