Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Purchasing Specialist to join our team. This role will focus on direct materials and play a critical role in the overall success of Hermeus' supply chain model. Acting as a critical part of our procurement process, our Purchasing Specialist will play a pivotal role in ensuring on-time delivery of critical components for vehicle programs.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- Identify, evaluate, and onboard potential suppliers
- Maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions to secure advantageous agreements
- Conduct routine procurement tasks, including issuing purchase orders, tracking deliveries, and maintaining accurate records
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality materials and services, managing supplier performance and resolving supply issues
- Ensure supplier and purchase order accuracy of master data in ERP and maintain information as required
- Conduct standard material cost reviews, cost variance/change analytics and execute action plans for cost management
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field
- 3-5 years purchasing or related technical experience
- Experience supporting direct materials procurement
- Strong negotiation skills especially related to cost and payment terms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Familiarity with procurement/ERP systems
- Experience in or at an Aerospace or Defense manufacturer
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS)
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.